"quack!!"

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Well this morning we only had 3 ducks in the garden instead of the usual 4. Went to the duckhouse to check everything is OK and "Wispa" one of our Khaki Cambpells is sitting on eight eggs..... Looks like there's gonna be ducky mayhem in about a month :D

35003205.JPG

Last edited:

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
Well this morning we only had 3 ducks in the garden instead of the usual 4. Went to the duckhouse to check everything is OK and "Wispa" one of our Khaki Cambpells is sitting on eight eggs..... Looks like there's gonna be ducky mayhem in about a month :D

Has she hatched them before? Ducks are notoriously bad parents, always easiest to stick eggs under a broody hen if you have one. Ducklings after Easter, very cute.

lub0

Settler
Jan 14, 2009
East midlands
i had to save literally hundreds of ducklings from being flooded in their shelter from the terrential rain in 2008, quite a few drowned as the others seeked elevation by standing upon one another, I revived a few but getting them warm, but a lot died. Poor things.
One thing I learn't about ducklings is that they STINK and are the messiest animals I've known.

zorro

Nomad
Jun 6, 2009
Chesterfield UK
Has she hatched them before? Ducks are notoriously bad parents, always easiest to stick eggs under a broody hen if you have one.

I did that many years ago, the ducklings used to follow my dog about and jump on her when she laid down.

One was all black with a white ring around it's neck, so the kids called it Daffy.

When Daffy grew up she started laying, so we changed her name to Daphne. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE