pumpkin seeds

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Pumpkin.gif
[/IMG] dont forget not to throw out them pumpkin seeds.Heres how to cook them plus some additional info. ;)
http://www.wholehealthmd.com/refshelf/foods_view/1,1523,176,00.html

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
Threw mine out too. :sigh: I knew they could be eaten because I've bought them in Asian stores loads of times.

When we were carving out the pumpkin my daughter asked if they could be eaten and I said, "Yes you have to roast them." Then I threw them away. :rolleyes: .

Next year I promise I'll roast them. Here's a picture of our Jack O Lantern to amuse you.

pumpkinknife.jpg

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
roast pumpkin seeds in a pan on a fire with a bit of marmite and butter tossed in. they stick together a bit in clumps and the flavour is excellent.

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
Rebel said:
Threw mine out too. :sigh: I knew they could be eaten because I've bought them in Asian stores loads of times.

When we were carving out the pumpkin my daughter asked if they could be eaten and I said, "Yes you have to roast them." Then I threw them away. :rolleyes: .

Next year I promise I'll roast them. Here's a picture of our Jack O Lantern to amuse you.

You have to roast them?

I peel them and eat them raw, though it takes so long that I never eat more than four or five at a time.

You left an awful lot of flesh in your pumpkin. I carved out three lanterns about the same size as yours, and took out enough flesh to make about 30 servings of soup.

Keith.

JM

Forager
Sep 9, 2003
Left
These said, did you know that pumpkin seeds are an excellent and efficient against human worms infections?????

Porcupine

Forager
Aug 24, 2005
Leek,The Netherlands
JM , do you happen to know what ingredient in the seeds works against the worms? second question,if its bad for worms does that mean you could overdose on pumpkin seeds?

Porc

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
I always soak my seeds in salt water then roast them in the oven till they have a hint of brown. No need to crack off the shells just crunch them up.

I bet they are anti-worm because of the gut scouring action of all that fibre. ;)

zippybrow2ne.jpg

JM

Forager
Sep 9, 2003
Left
Waow, very nice, Schwert!

No I do not know the ingredient, probably some of the oily content. I just know just that it is a natural antiworm, as much as courge seeds are and I doubt you can overdose eating seeds, just probably you'll get diarhea.

It is good to remember, there are little natural secondary effect worm killers.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE