Pumpkin Season

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
So been busy again. I give you - ( Its in its experimental phase... )

Pumpkin Shakshuka with Quail Eggs.

Pumpkin accompanied by a whole red onion, little sweet potato , red pepper ( all sweated down ) seasoned with Baharat & Zaatar, lots of black pepper. Topped off with Three quail eggs and finely diced toasted pumpkin seeds.
Drizzled with a little creme fraiche and Lemon vinegar thing I made along with beads of Olive oil to give some glisten and life back to the dish.

shash.jpg

I like Shakshuka but can find the acidic nature of Tomatoes as too much sometimes - So remove the Tomatoes and replace with Pumpkin.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Pumpkin head Stew - Bacon & blood black pudding sausages cooked in the pumpkin head along with onion,apple & pepper. Served with the pumpkin flesh alongside scooped out after cooking.

Side serving of Sweet chestnut Mash made from foraged nuts.

h1.jpg

h2.jpg

h3.jpg

h4.jpg

h5.jpg

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
What a smorgasbord. You are very lucky to have such plump nuts sir! They are skinny little things up in this region!

I had to double take in the first photo, I thought you had plated up a sea urchin.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
What a smorgasbord. You are very lucky to have such plump nuts sir! They are skinny little things up in this region!
Thats what she said.....

Indeed Chestnuts do look like Sea-Urchins and I think are handled in the same way - big cloth in left hand , shucking knife in right hand - shuck away!

Reactions: punkrockcaveman

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Gloves and a propane bottle torch for Prickly Pear Cactus fruits here. The barbed prickles are finer than cat hair. Even from the store, I torch them again. A bunch of those in your hands will spoil more than just a day.

Part of the deal here is to find the high-sugar pumpkin variety which is intended for pies and other eats. Big difference between those and the ones for Halloween carvings.

I buy canned pumpkin pure', never the canned and ugly-seasoned pumpkin pie filling.

Look in a serious seed catalog for what you might find.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE