Problems with posting pics and using the smilies

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
howdy chaps!

having an issue posting pics from either direct upload or from a url, when i hit OK in the upload box nothing happens, i then have to hit cancel re open the pic upload box insert the url hit okay and it works, and I cannot use the smilies at all unless typing the code for them, any pointers what it could be do i need to update something or is there a known issue,

Many thanks guys,

Southey,

Surv:vor

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 14, 2012
England
A few suggestions that may help you...

Clear your browser cache and cookies if you haven't done so for a while, and disable any script/ad blocking addons (or similar) and see if normal service is resumed? Also if your Anti-Virus has multi-layer protection, such as Kaspersky or Avast, disable your web/internet shield whilst on this site for a few minutes only, to test?

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
having an issue posting pics from either direct upload or from a url, >>><<< and I cannot use the smilies at all unless typing the code for them, >>>snip<<<

do i need to update something or is there a known issue,

amazing_fun_weird_cool_450radishes_200907240400242574.jpg

:yikes::dancer:

Not suffering the same issues here :dunno:

(Win XP ~ Chrome)

Retired Member southey

Jun 4, 2006
your house!
it seems I have to reselect the text box before pressig the pic box so that the little clip board next to the bold button is showing instead of being opaque, then the post pic button works fine. Odd ball.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
... the little clip board next to the bold button is showing instead of being opaque,

What OS / ISP system thingy are you on? I ask as I don't have a clip board next to the bold :dunno: ~ I've two clip boards next to each other for 'Paste as Plain Text' and 'Paste from Word', they're in the top line of the tool bar and are the second symbol block in from the left.

The only opaque tool option I have which changes to solid when the main text block is clicked on is 'Unlink' (Globe with a X).

Retired Member southey

Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Fire fox on what ever browser is on a blackberry on os7 but its the same on the lapto on fire fox vista bt, a clip boardl a box with a blue and red A then a gap then the clipboard again then bold and so on, I can tell your impressed by my tecnical know-how!

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
... I can tell your impressed by my tecnical know-how!

:rofl: It's only a few months since I had the sense to move away from AOL / I.E (I had to wait for a download to complete :eek: :rofl:), I'm sayin' nothin about anyone else's tech-wizardliness :deadhorse: .

I think your systems are a generation or two ahead of mine :eek: ~ but the Forum tool bar on Chrome and AOL/I.E are so close that I don't notice any differences if I move from one to the other :dunno: .

What do you have 'Editor' switched to? For me the Editor switch is shown as the symbol [SUP]A[/SUP]/A ~ with the options 'Source Mode' and 'WYSIWYG'. Editor probably has no effect on your issue but (for me) if set to 'WYSIWIG' the lowest tier of the tool bar becomes opaque.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
works ok for me too.

Attachments

• Anorak1.jpg
    Anorak1.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 2
  • Anorak2.jpg
    Anorak2.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Anorak3.jpg
    Anorak3.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Anorak4.jpg
    Anorak4.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE