Pro-boots soles

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Hi, I brought me a pair of PRO-BOOTS made by GB Bitton a couple of years ago, ive only worn them about twice and been in the cupboard ever since. Last weekend i got them out to wear and found that the soles have cracked/split up WOW!! .

img1664nt.jpg

img1665j.jpg

img1668i.jpg

img1669cc.jpg

Cheers Topknot

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Yep mine did exactly the same. I wore them once for a three day course and then put them away for about three months. The rubber had totally gone and was crumbling off not just cracking.

I gave them to a mate who got them resoled with vibrams. Now he's got a pair of nearly brand new goretex lined boots for the price of some new soles.

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Wow thats interesting mate, i'm going to phone GB BRITTON and see what they got to say about this.

Topknot

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
ye pro boots used to be good back when i got mine must have been 97-98 but now they are tonk.......bin em or use the leather for a sheath.......

i would bite the bullit a buy a pair of lowas well worth the money and had mine 5-6 years now and still going strong......they do cost though about £180 but great boots....

ive used mine loads and loads including 186 miles in 5 day and no blisters....lol......awsome....

the 4 bits of kit i would say but 1, buffalo jacket 2, lowa boots 3, softey sleeping bag 4, camel back mother load style day pack...... ALL AWSOME and yes they are sqadie proof, trust me....

hope this helps....

chris.........

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Who are you men in rotten clothes and ragged beards

My day's are over!!

Topknot

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
ye pro boots used to be good back when i got mine must have been 97-98 but now they are tonk.......bin em or use the leather for a sheath.......

I think mine were brand new in 2004. I never really got on with them anyway and stuck to my civvy Lowas.

Treated myself to some Lundhags last year though :approve:

Dynamite_1303

Feb 25, 2009
North Yorkshire
I think there were a number of problems with a great number of them in recent years with the soles wearing too quickly - basically a naff rubber. I got mine grade 1 surplus about two years ago and am still wearing them (now in fact). They have proved the most hardwearing comfortable winter boots I've ever used.

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Hi,

Phoned up GB BRITTON today and got through to their technical department and was told the Dual density polyurethane Soles will start to rack and degrade if they are not aired properley. I.E. do not keep them in closed places.
A word of warning to anybody who got boots with polyurethane soles.

cheers
Topknot

Steve27752

Settler
May 7, 2007
Berkshire, U.K.
Hi,

Phoned up GB BRITTON today and got through to their technical department and was told the Dual density polyurethane Soles will start to rack and degrade if they are not aired properley. I.E. do not keep them in closed places.
A word of warning to anybody who got boots with polyurethane soles.

cheers
Topknot

That's rubbish they are just C**P boots I have had three pairs that split! I wear Alt-bergs now and they are much better quality.

m.durston

Jun 15, 2005
st albans
That's rubbish they are just C**P boots I have had three pairs that split! I wear Alt-bergs now and they are much better quality.

+1 on that, i've seen the stitching break where the laces do up near the toe, leather splitting despite being polished daily with kiwi, and the soles splitting and degrading where the boot flexes underneath.

I've got a pair of those nice german army issue boots cos i cant afford lowas just yet lol

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE