Primus Omnifuel into a Trangia?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Crank Cuffin

Tenderfoot
Feb 18, 2005
Bognor Regis
Hi,
I have been trawling the old threads on this subject and understand that a Primus Omnifuel can be converted to fit into a Trangia.
I am hoping to get a Honey Stove for my birthday and like the idea that I can use this with sticks etc, my Trangia meths burner and hopefully convert a Primus Omnifuel to fit the Honey Stove as well as my old faithful Trangia set up.

What do I need to convert the Primus Omnifuel and where do I get it?

I would be very grateful if someone would post a picture of the Primus Omnifuel attached to the convertor and installed into a Trangia.

Thanks in advance.

VanDeRooster

Jan 14, 2014
Norwich, UK.
I would be wary if running it on anything other than gas ...
I've seen trangia pans come back in pretty bad shape after being used with liquid fuels.

Crank Cuffin

Tenderfoot
Feb 18, 2005
Bognor Regis
From reading the old threads I haven't come across anyone who has achieved melt-down even with them on full blast.
Although I'm sure its happened to someone, somewhere :(

Of course putting an empty pan on would most probably end in molten aluminium!

VanDeRooster

Jan 14, 2014
Norwich, UK.
I've seen it three or four times.

Being a retailer you can never be sure your getting the full story as the customer is often trying to convince you the item was faulty rather than admit they might have done something wrong ...

bigroomboy

Nomad
Jan 24, 2010
West Midlands
Yeah might happen if the pans empty but not if there is something in it like there should be. Not to mention the omnifuel has great flame control so don't be scared off by the stories. I've seen it done but I'm not sure what people did but I know there is an adaptor for the nova.

Crank Cuffin

Tenderfoot
Feb 18, 2005
Bognor Regis
Thanks John for the excellent video.
In it you have answered all my questions :)

I was ready with my cream crackers but failed to detect any cheese! :)

Crank Cuffin

Tenderfoot
Feb 18, 2005
Bognor Regis
Yeah might happen if the pans empty but not if there is something in it like there should be. Not to mention the omnifuel has great flame control so don't be scared off by the stories. I've seen it done but I'm not sure what people did but I know there is an adaptor for the nova.

As you say, bigroomboy, plenty of flame control so it should be okay. Anyway whats the worst that could happen .............:stretcher:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE