Primitive traps.

• Hey Guest, We're having our annual Winter Moot and we'd love you to come. PLEASE LOOK HERE to secure your place and get more information.
    For forum threads CLICK HERE

C_Claycomb

Mod
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
No, actually I wasn't thinking of copy rights at all!

I was about to comment on a couple of the designs, point out some caveats about proportions, then thought that it might be impolitic if they were your own drawings! :poke:

Some years ago Stuart started writing a book about traps and trapping. It was quite a challenge to find someone to do the illustrations. From his research and practice making traps Stuart said that he found many traps as shown in books did not work, or the illustration didn't accurately capture the mode of operation, or the necessary proportions. Seemed like a case where one wanted illustrations to communicate to a wide audience, but really needed technical drawings to capture the actual dimensions and layouts.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
No, actually I wasn't thinking of copy rights at all!

I was about to comment on a couple of the designs, point out some caveats about proportions, then thought that it might be impolitic if they were your own drawings! :poke:

Some years ago Stuart started writing a book about traps and trapping. It was quite a challenge to find someone to do the illustrations. From his research and practice making traps Stuart said that he found many traps as shown in books did not work, or the illustration didn't accurately capture the mode of operation, or the necessary proportions. Seemed like a case where one wanted illustrations to communicate to a wide audience, but really needed technical drawings to capture the actual dimensions and layouts.

Lol!!

I started to think there was an underhanded compliment in there somewhere.. Then I realised I was very very wrong. :)

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Looks like a grand opportunity to practice on the neighbor's cat or my own.
I see theirs hunting quite successfully at the far end of my garden.

I have a copy of Ellsworth Jaeger's volume: Wildwood Wisdom.
Of the great diversity of chapter titles, trapping is not one of them. Not even the word 'trap' in the index at the back of the book!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE