Preppers Shop UK

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
With the permission of BcUK - is it worth telling these people that their lack of service is being spread across this (and other?) outdoor sites?

Chris

Life Member
Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire
Only if you want to create a potential boat load of work for Tony...

Can't imagine it'd have much positive effect, but these sorts of things can very easily become a legal mess with claims of libel and such.

Reactions: gg012 and Pattree

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
I take your point @Chris but if (hypothetically) I tell them that I’ve reported their lousy service on a website then only I am liable for any libel and I would have the evidence of the lousy service.
However I’m sidetracking the thread.
My only dealing with them was OK but I understand the irritation and feeling of impotence that customers who have been let down feel.

Dan00001

Nomad
Nov 13, 2023
Wales
I don't want to cause any trouble, I'm really just venting my frustration. I've gotten a refund from OutdoorGb and ordered the same pegs elsewhere with next day delivery. Really it's a just an inconvenience and I'm grateful that my biggest worry today has been a matter of tent pegs!

Reactions: Pattree

Simonprepper

Sep 5, 2024
Worcestershire
Good evening,

I realise this probably isn’t the right place for this, but I feel obliged to let others know about my ongoing experience with Prepper Shop UK and after reading this thread decided to post. As others are probably aware, they are quite a popular choice for archery and prepping equipment in the UK. Their reputation is ok, with 3.9 stars out of 5 on Google, however this had dropped significantly over the past 6 months it seems and following my experience I can see why. Also, a lot of their reviews are quite dubious.

I ordered some new archery equipment including a new bow, around 20 days ago. Within 20 minutes of ordering, I realised I’d ordered the wrong one (my mistake, I don’t know how that one even ended up in my basket). I think they’d sold out of the one I wanted and as such there had been a mix up at checkout. Either way, I sent an email within 20 minutes of ordering to say I wanted to cancel the order. I’d had no confirmation email following the order like every other shop in the world does, which was odd. I decided to contact them by phone, which goes straight to an automated message saying they are sorry but cannot answer due to sorting some orders in the warehouse. I’ve since discovered they’ve had that same message for 4 months. So they are not contactable by phone. After 6 hours, I get an email to say the order has been cancelled. The email was vague to say the least. 18 days later, still no refund. My bank have advised me they cannot see that any refund is even underway or being processed. Prepper shop UK are now ignoring my emails. To my horror, I then start looking into them to discover at least 30 other people have the same problem and dozens of 1 star reviews have recently been added to to trustpilot and Google. Some of those reviews state they’ve never received a refund, others state their bank have had to go through the rigmarole of processing a clawback. Others are reporting to Trading Standards. Another person says they traveled 4 hours in a car to approach them in the shop about it, to which he was not welcomed. Clearly, they have good reviews too, however that’s just from people who’ve received a product and are happy with it, as opposed to actually having an issue that needs sorting.

Naturally I’m now in the process of clawing the funds back, reaching out to Trading Standards, seeking further legal advice should the claw back fail and also making others aware.

***update - it’s now day 18. No refund. No correspondence. Not answering calls. Bank are trying their best to get money back. I will be sorting this one way or another***

Simon

Reactions: Dan00001

Chris

Life Member
Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire
Good evening,

I realise this probably isn’t the right place for this, but I feel obliged to let others know about my ongoing experience with Prepper Shop UK and after reading this thread decided to post. As others are probably aware, they are quite a popular choice for archery and prepping equipment in the UK. Their reputation is ok, with 3.9 stars out of 5 on Google, however this had dropped significantly over the past 6 months it seems and following my experience I can see why. Also, a lot of their reviews are quite dubious.

I ordered some new archery equipment including a new bow, around 20 days ago. Within 20 minutes of ordering, I realised I’d ordered the wrong one (my mistake, I don’t know how that one even ended up in my basket). I think they’d sold out of the one I wanted and as such there had been a mix up at checkout. Either way, I sent an email within 20 minutes of ordering to say I wanted to cancel the order. I’d had no confirmation email following the order like every other shop in the world does, which was odd. I decided to contact them by phone, which goes straight to an automated message saying they are sorry but cannot answer due to sorting some orders in the warehouse. I’ve since discovered they’ve had that same message for 4 months. So they are not contactable by phone. After 6 hours, I get an email to say the order has been cancelled. The email was vague to say the least. 18 days later, still no refund. My bank have advised me they cannot see that any refund is even underway or being processed. Prepper shop UK are now ignoring my emails. To my horror, I then start looking into them to discover at least 30 other people have the same problem and dozens of 1 star reviews have recently been added to to trustpilot and Google. Some of those reviews state they’ve never received a refund, others state their bank have had to go through the rigmarole of processing a clawback. Others are reporting to Trading Standards. Another person says they traveled 4 hours in a car to approach them in the shop about it, to which he was not welcomed. Clearly, they have good reviews too, however that’s just from people who’ve received a product and are happy with it, as opposed to actually having an issue that needs sorting.

Naturally I’m now in the process of clawing the funds back, reaching out to Trading Standards, seeking further legal advice should the claw back fail and also making others aware.

***update - it’s now day 18. No refund. No correspondence. Not answering calls. Bank are trying their best to get money back. I will be sorting this one way or another***

Simon
Hi Simon,

Best way to deal with this is to ask your bank to do a charge back. They'll probably ask you for evidence you've been due a refund, at which point they'll reclaim the funds on your behalf. This shouldn't be a tricky process, and I've used it myself several times - not sure why the bank would be struggling with this?

Most banks will do this with debit cards within 180 days of purchase, but you have even better protection if you used a credit card.

Reactions: TeeDee

Dan00001

Nomad
Nov 13, 2023
Wales
Good evening,

Simon
Sorry to hear about your problem, I did get a very fast refund, but I did pay by PayPal and requested a refund through PayPal so I guess they wanted to stay in PayPals good books.

I did too spend hours trying to contact them by phone to no avail. I comment on their Facebook page a few times, and saw other people commenting about their misfortunes, but comments were quickly removed.

cbrdave

Dec 2, 2011
South East Kent.
Used them once, never again, shocking attitude, their grade 1 used stuff is awful, ordered a drinks canteen and cup, no matter what I used to sterilise it, I got a horrible taste from it and it looked like it had been buried and dug up.
When I contacted them, he eventually answered saying, Too be fair it was one of the best they had and I was lucky I didn't get the other ones!

• Sad
Reactions: Dan00001

matarius777

Nomad
Aug 29, 2019
Lancaster
They sound very similar to an outfit called prepareforadventure.co.uk back in early 2020. I think the guy who ran it did a runner with a lot of peoples money, including mine.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE