Powdered Egg Disaster

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
"Dear Andy,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding the above product and we would confirm that Dr. Oetker purchased the SuperCook brand in 2008.

Unfortunately Handy Egg was discontinued some time ago following its delisting by Tesco and Sainsbury, and there are no longer any stocks available.

However, I will retain your details on file, should the situation change in the future.

Kind regards.

Jenny Stones
Consumer Services Dept"

I'll stop looking for it then!

Blimey!

I should have stocked up as it's handy to have around.

Thoth

Nomad
Aug 5, 2008
Hertford, Hertfordshire
There always seems to be a listing on ebay for 'EGG POWDER - POWDERED EGG for HOME COOKING & CATERING' I have ordered some in the last couple of days & am awaiting delivery. I'll post some feedback when it turn up & I've tried it out.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Not a bad issue this one. A certain Mr John Fenna contributes articles on the Battle Orders White Bear 'Buddy' Knife and making your own Chaps and Mitts!

Mark

Those were the days!
I remember the knife...not too bad for the price in those days,,,but not a knife I would chose wiyth what is now available!
The waterproof chaps and the pile mittens went into one of my DIY books - but this is out of print now (though I still have the patterns etc)
As to the egg recipe - I have yet to try it, though I miss the Supercook dried egg....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE