pouches

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Picked up some soft leather from a junk shop and fancy making a pouch or two, any patterns hints etc?
Want one for my firesteel and others of varying sizes thinking about something traditional Sammi?
ta Dave

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
I've got a couple Dave from which we can try to make templates if you like......I just need to get a sewing machine :rolleyes:

tommy the cat

Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Yep thats an idea mate I may pm Wayland as he has made some traditional pattern pouches if I remember correctly.
Shouldn't you be working!!
Found a place locally for off cuts of leather if interested Stu about £4 ish
Dave

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
....I may pm Wayland as he has made some traditional pattern pouches if I remember correctly.

I watched Wayland make a couple pouches at the last Midland meet and he just did them freehand, no pattern.
Well he did use a small ali bottle he was making a pouch for as a pattern but other than that he did a lovely job and was facisnating watching him do them.

At the end of a day a pouch is just that and you can make them any shape or size you like as no one will tell you it's the right or wrong shape :D

tommy the cat

Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
I agree with you totally but just wondered how others do it. Doesn't mean to say that I will do it exactly the same but its good to see how things work for others also sometimes not repeating their mistakes is good!
D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE