Pot hanging

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Thoth

Nomad
Aug 5, 2008
Hertford, Hertfordshire
I have sometimes used a length of paracord and a mini-carabiner (for the pot hook) hanging down from a handy branch. Takes no time at all really, but you have to remember to move the cord away from the heat when the pot isn't on it any more.

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Just a bit of Iron:

dsc04269s.jpg

Where can I buy a conical coffee pot like the one shown on the right?

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I made a bunch of "S" hooks of varying length from the tines of an old leaf rake ....a minor forging play-about using a blow torch and pliers....

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
This Is my set-up Sam - I tend to go for the 'luxury car camp' nowadays too!

dscf46557036975.jpg

Glydr

Feb 17, 2010
Wirral
I'm now getting off thread a bit, but that's something I've been meaning to post about. When going on expeditions, usually around North and Mid Wales, I sometimes struggle to locate suitable parking within a reasonable distance of a site, say 30 mins to an hours walk as I do haul quite a bit of kit with me, about 60-70lbs. Not a problem with sites that I use regularly but when exploring new areas or sites it's about finding a balance between vehicle security, and not having a massive walk to camp. How do you chaps get around this ususally? sorry for the thread divergence, I usually just use that y-shaped stick support method of pot hanging btw.

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
havent tried it yet but in the yellow wilderness book he uses 2 logs with a simple branch wedge between the two simply rolling either log back or forward raises or lowers the pot simples but looks effective ill be giving it a go soon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE