Posts not posting, but looking like they have been.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
I'm having a lot of issues with posts that I post on my phone looking like they have been posted (I double check nowadays, just to make sure), but then when I go in on the computer, they are still sitting there as draft posts that haven't been sent.

Some times it seems to happen twice with the same post, i.e. I think it's been posted on my phone. I check on my phone and it's still open as when you are composing it, so I hit post/reply again and it looks fine, but then I go in on my laptop and it still hasn't been posted.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
That's a weird one, thanks for letting us know Sara.
Anyone else having this issue? I'm not sure where to start with it as your account is all fine etc. Are you logging in directly to the site on your phone or using tapatalk?

Cheers

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Also, are you using a saved link to get onto the site each time? The first thing I’d do is logout on both devices and delete the saved links, then open the site again to front page of the community part of BCUK and then bookmark or save fresh links.

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
That's a weird one, thanks for letting us know Sara.
Anyone else having this issue? I'm not sure where to start with it as your account is all fine etc. Are you logging in directly to the site on your phone or using tapatalk?

Cheers
I'm just using my ordinary browser, Chrome, on an Android phone. (I don't have tapatalk installed at all.) It has happened, but not nearly as frequently when using Firefox on Windows PCs and Safari on my iPad, as well.

I'm normally logged in all the time, but do occasionally log out and then back in again the next time, although that happens more on the laptop and iPad.

To access the site, I start typing in the address in the search bar/URL window and then click on the BcUK URL that comes up first.

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
Also, are you using a saved link to get onto the site each time? The first thing I’d do is logout on both devices and delete the saved links, then open the site again to front page of the community part of BCUK and then bookmark or save fresh links.
I'll try that and thanks for the heads up on Chrome. I normally prefer Firefox, but it was so sluggish on my phone it was unusable.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Pretty sure experienced this a while back on desktop. Workaround was to press control+enter to submit the post, but no idea how to do that on a phone unless have a keyboard plugged in.

Suspicion is it's javascript related, and the reply button essentially stops working.

Edit: Actually might be shift+enter.

Last edited:
Reactions: SaraR

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE