post us you some of your leather craft photos mate!

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Rather than make this thread take longer to load than it does now here is my flickr slideshow

http://www.flickr.com/photos/g4ghb/show/

show

Ozhaggishead

Nomad
Dec 8, 2007
Sydney
www.flickr.com
Some very nice work guys please keep the photos coming.That one nice sheath john c brancho as well great looking work way above average I like the rich colors.Sorry this page is going to take a long time to load guys but I think its worth the wait.

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
3 of my more recent leather work: a large bag, a 18 th century hunting pouch, a small possibles pouch and a leather belt:

DSCN0336.jpg

A wet formed possibles pouch in the making:

DSCN0339.jpg

A sheath for an Opinel and fire steel:

DSCN0144-3.jpg

A mini Nessmuk and it's sheath:

DSCN0014-3.jpg

T1tch

Forager
Dec 24, 2007
Cambridgeshire
Ok, so this is one of my first leather projects.

P9160071s.jpg

Can't take credit for the idea but the work's all mine :)

Leather is off cuts from trimming car seats and the thread is artificial sinue from the group buy.

Now I wonder where I've seen something like that before... :)

I like the addition of the handle loop - but the important question is: what's the contents? A decent whisky I hope?

T1tch

Forager
Dec 24, 2007
Cambridgeshire
RB

I love your belts! A technical question for you though; does the stitching add strength to the belt, or is it purely decorative?

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
RB

I love your belts! A technical question for you though; does the stitching add strength to the belt, or is it purely decorative?

if your referring to the parallel lines of stitch marks down either side of the belts, this is just the stitch line, made with a groover and overstitch wheel. it looks like stitching but its just embossing really and is intended for decoration.

There are some belts made by stitching pig skin or calf leather to a cow hide strap and these are stitched down the full length, although I've only ever made one, like that!

most belts of that type are machine stitched too, although the one I did, was completely hand sewn (not for the feint hearted!)

Cheers
R.B.

Ozhaggishead

Nomad
Dec 8, 2007
Sydney
www.flickr.com
Awe inspiring stuff.

I,ll have to go and buy some leather now !!! :)

Pete.
Also remember that can you recycle leather from old bags and used stuff like old suede jackets have a look round the the op shops or car boot stalls.As well you can make or use improvised a lot of leather working tools you can make sew holes with a hammer and nail or a drill.Some of the tools in my leathercraft toolkit are a mallet made from a old hammer handle and a bit of shovel and a kids pink plastic dinner knife from ikea:rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE