Post photo of your favorite Knife!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Post photo of your Favorite Knife! - would be nice to sticky this one!

My knife with side carry knife sheath
sidehangsheathot5.jpg

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
The first knife I made and still my favourite: 95mm blade, 3mm 01 steel, golden lacewood scales on black VF liners.
1311923793_15eb89d26f.jpg

michiel

Settler
Jun 19, 2006
Belgium - Herentals
I have 2 favourites. It will change after I finished my second knife.

DSC_0063.jpg

DSC_0067.jpg

BRKT huntsman. A2 steel and big horn sheep handle.

DSC_0026E.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

Nessmuk by Carl Price. 1085 steel and box elder burl.

Michiel

Michiel

deepcmonkey

Forager
Nov 6, 2007
Oxford
Here is mine, really nice and very well made. I just love the scales which are walnut diamond wood.

9459_12.jpg

Photo taken by the maker, Stuart Marsh

Dingo

Nomad
Jan 7, 2005
leicestershire
Katz wildcat, stainless steel blade with a cherrywood handle, a little heavy for general use but if you have large hands its very confortable, and besides i like it enough so the extra wieght doesnt bother me

S1030173.jpg

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Here is my favourite user at the moment the second knife I made.

Mysecondknife.jpg
[/IMG]

Here is the favourite I have made (for my son) my fourth knife the handle os Black palm buffalo horn and stainless steel the blade is Poul Strande Zebra damascus

Chrisknife1.jpg
[/IMG]

Hope you like them.
Alf

Variant 13

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 18, 2007
Berkshire
Here's my Bernie Garland damascus, beautiful in the hand and holds a fantastic edge.

I've had it for about 6 months after spending years debating the expense of a serious hand-made knife I have no regrets at all.

IMG_4590CR2.jpg

Graham

ps Koa Burl plasticized scales, 4mm blade, 5mm tang

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
I've seen one or two knives before, a lot of them i like, some are really nice, but i have got to say that that Bernie Garland knife in Variant 13's post is probably one of the best looking user knives i have ever sen. It really made me sit and gawp for 5 min's. After wiping my keyboard down i have to ask, is it 3mm or 3.5mm thick? If it is, then i would probably go as far as to say that it is my ideal user. Bearing in mind that i have not handled it. It looks flippin' awesome! I'm not a knife collector, but please can i have it.:puppy_dog :D

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
No it isn't :D

I've dinged it (twice), sharpened it (several times) cut through sap and blood, scraped the sheath through brambles and got that lovely wood all sweaty and clammy. Stained and cleaned the blade. All sorts really #.

Its a fantatsic tool and, whilst Stu's work is art and scuplture combined, I designed it for a purpose. It would be a shame not to use it - I do take care of it and it gets a good clean and strop after prolonged use - but then so does my Mora :). Seriously, I rather think stu would be disappointed in me if I didn't give his tools a good work out ;)

Red

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
OOh err stu - got me words im a mucking fuddle there :eek:

They were the ones stu took before I got my mucky paws on it Chris. It is far from trashed now but has a few fine sharpening marks, a mutch shinier bevel (constant stropping)

2084993704_eab6e0c904.jpg

I guess I could polish out the marks - but I'd only get more so why worry?

Red

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
Now you are all going to think I am greedy but I think it is simply unfair, I mean on Desert Island Discs you get to choose 8 records and there is simply no way that one knife is enough so here are mine..maybe not as sexy as most posted here but I love them anyway.

knives.1e.jpg

First I have to include frosts narrow blade sloyd, the world would be a poorer place without it (or at least many begining woodcarvers would be poorer, or maybe they would never start being put off by the high cost of hand made knives)
Next a simple folder..first folder I have seen on here. It's there because I made it as part of my wife Nicola's (AKA Doctor spoon) research with traditional Sheffield knifemakers.
Then a couple by my favourite Swedish smith Bo Helgesson, his hook knife is incredible in a league of its own and another with a masur birch handle, I was given it by the guy who runs the viking ship museum in Oslo and it reminds me of Scandinavia whenever I use it.

May 12, 2007
Derby, UK
www.berax.co.uk
perhaps one of the best i have made, custom freehand engraving,10,000 year old plus Siberian mammoth ivory scales, handmade mosaic pins from top us pin maker and razor sharp and is a user knife not for show.

Picture11291.jpg

bernie

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE