Withdrawn POST OFFICE DESTROYING KNIFE - THE END !!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mervg

Dec 7, 2014
uk
This is probably the wrong section but I thought it may bring to attention to all.
The Casstrom double combo which I sold last week has been confiscated as a ‘Dangerous’ item & destroyed.
So be aware !!!
On the Very Plus side - the buyer has made a very substantial contribution to my loss.
Truly a genuine star and one to be recognised as such.
Many thanks.

Reactions: Glass-Wood-Steel

AndyH

Forager
Aug 20, 2008
Shetland
I was the buyer and was very disappointed not to have had a lovely knife combo in my hands, but I knew early on that the package had been set aside as a suspect prohibited item. It was just a case of sitting and waiting it out. Merv and I compared notes as the package status changed on the tracking app.

Confirmation was received this morning that the knife had been confimed as prohibited, so Merv took it on the chin and sent a full refund to me. I felt that was unfair and refunded him some of the cost.

Merv is definitely one of the good guys. This is our second transaction. I would strongly recommend him as a seller, if this hasn't put him off selling altogether.

Stlh374

Jul 12, 2022
Shropshire
They won't be destroyed yet there not allowed to destroy them that quickly as that's a bushcraft set aslong as long you sent using the age verification service you should be able to get them back next you'll get a letter with a number to call this will give you a reference number which you then have to email to the dangerous goods team at the royal mail it took me 3 weeks of emails to get my knives back but I got them back in the end

Reactions: Mervg

Stlh374

Jul 12, 2022
Shropshire
It's also worth making a phone call to the royal mail to get the knives held they will then do an investigation into if the knives are legal thos is where you'll have to go on line and find the knives for sale either a stockist or the manufacturer and screen shot the intended purpose of the tools the problem is there rules have changed but none of there staff know a butter knife from a combat knife it seams

Mervg

Dec 7, 2014
uk
I didn’t use age verification service, didn’t know how at the time. It went by special delivery which I thought was the safest.
Thanks for your advice above. I will definitely follow it up.
Cheers Merv

aris

Forager
Sep 29, 2012
UK
I thought they were stopping shipping all bladed articles - except from business customers.

spader

Native
Dec 19, 2009
Scotland
Both the seller and buyer very cool for handling the situation what seems to be a real disappointing case. Thanks for the alerting the situation too. I am glad that I don't need any new edged tools at present.

Reactions: Mervg and AndyH

hughtrimble

Jan 23, 2012
UK/France
I didn’t use age verification service, didn’t know how at the time. It went by special delivery which I thought was the safest.
Thanks for your advice above. I will definitely follow it up.
Cheers Merv
I suspect it's the lack of age verification service for a fixed blade knife that's triggered this, rather than the standalone nature of the knives sent.

Read that 'suspect' as 'I really really hope'

Jaybee76

Aug 21, 2022
Nottinghamshire
wrap knives in kitchen foil that's what they did to knives I bought from dhgate

Even if that did work (it wouldn't otherwise every illegal item would just be sent wrapped in foil), they'd just open the parcel to find out what was inside that wasn't clear on the scanner. So either way they'd discover a knife that was possibly being sent to a minor.

wickerman

May 6, 2010
norfolk
Even if that did work (it wouldn't otherwise every illegal item would just be sent wrapped in foil), they'd just open the parcel to find out what was inside that wasn't clear on the scanner. So either way they'd discover a knife that was possibly being sent to a minor.
they never opened the knives from china

alphaburner

Jan 17, 2014
Cork, Ireland
Well as someone that uses a x-ray regularly, tin foil doesn’t stop x-ray beam penetration so they’ll easily verify what’s in the package. The best use of tin foil is to wear it as a hat. This has been scientifically proven to stop the government, spaceX and aliens from reading your thoughts.

matarius777

Nomad
Aug 29, 2019
Lancaster
They scan some of the parcels now
Well as someone that uses a x-ray regularly, tin foil doesn’t stop x-ray beam penetration so they’ll easily verify what’s in the package. The best use of tin foil is to wear it as a hat. This has been scientifically proven to stop the government, spaceX and aliens from reading your thoughts.
Back in the day, carbon copy paper was said to block x-rays, can’t see it myself though (no pun intended, lol!). Talk about a surveillance state, plus they’re just a private company nowadays. A horrible state of affairs!

AndyH

Forager
Aug 20, 2008
Shetland
Simple answer with the water, pump it straight to the CEO & CFO sink that they get their drinking water from. The problems would be fixed tomorrow.

Reactions: alphaburner

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE