Possumdown Gloves from New zealand

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

palace

Forager
Mar 4, 2011
NW London England
Having watched a video by my hero Shug Emery about cold weather ancillaries, he mentioned Possumdown gloves from New Zealand.

I searched the web & ordered a pair from Shop New Zealand, they arrived today total cost including shipping was £19.30.
I ordered extra large as my hands are 12cm across the palm.

On initial inspection the gloves in black look like angora ie hairy/furry well made with no obvious seams. When I put them on they were a little tight after a few minutes they had stretched to a snug but comfortable fit. It is summer in the Uk and warm; I was pleased that after this few minutes I had to take them off as they were very warm.

Having read that they are not very abrasion resistant I have also bought a pair of UK army outer gortex Arctic mitts with trigger finger.

I will report when I have worn them in the cold.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I never thought of possum gloves. Keep us posted, I just might have to start my trap line again.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE