Possum & merino gloves and Hat

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Use the Possum & merino hat for years and happy with it so i bought the gloves since i suffer from really cold hands. Well first really cold day watching my youngest play football today and I reckon Ive wasted my money (freezing hands)

I have tried many gloves over the last 25 years and thought to try these, totally disappointed so its now

Back to my
1. Dachstein mitts
2. normal green wool gloves or even the
3. lambswool and thinsulate mix.

The only ones that Work!

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Just got a pair of black diamond punisher gloves in the sale for £20 down from £80! Been up in the mountains in the snow for the first time with them I was impressed- properly warm but you still maintain a good amount of dexterity.

andyxedos

Nomad
Jul 2, 2011
newport
Only thing about the merino liners is that they aren't very tough- I had a pair and just wearing them whilst walking the stitching on the fingers went after about 5 hours of use...very warm and comfy though!!

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Buffalo mitts for me when out walking, but mostly I wear cheap thinsulate one's. When I was a dog handler, I found that gloves were an issue in that they got in the way, so I got used to cold hands & fingers, but since I've retired my hands haven't split in the winter, so should of really worn gloves while working,

Cold feet however is something I suffer from, I've been looking at the military(Lowa) cold weather boots for this winter.

Rob

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
Try slipping one of those disposable hand warmers in your gloves. The problem might not be the gloves themselves but rather a lack of circulation to your hand to give out heat.

Tonyuk

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
Old wildfowlers trick is to dunk your hands into a puddle before you start then dry them. It does seem to kickstart the circulation for a fair while. Also, giving them a rub with vaseline helps.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Try slipping one of those disposable hand warmers in your gloves. The problem might not be the gloves themselves but rather a lack of circulation to your hand to give out heat.

Tonyuk

Thats probably 100% correct and thinking of all the years not allowed to wear gloves in the regular forces and reserves.

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
I used to wear Dachstein gloves, not quite as warm as the mitts but still better than some of the more modern gloves.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
After loosing a finger and severed tendon on my right hand I find my hands get really cold.
I got a pair of these, http://www.raymears.com/Bushcraft_Product/811-Hestra-Merino-Wool-Glove-Liners-Dark-Grey/.
and wear a pair of Montane mitts over them.
Works a treat for me especially when I'm sat about fishing.

I use these Hestra merino liners under a pair of Snowsled Ventile mittens; brilliant combination and easily warm enough for what we're likely to get in the UK.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE