Possibles pouch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ocean1975

Jan 10, 2009
rochester, kent
For Christmas I was lucky enough to receive a lovely possibles pouch.It was beautifully made by Beaver Bushcraft and smells absolutely amazing.
d6583088f9b9f49c9b78b0dfd1870429.jpg

I have changed the content a few times and have had to replace things that I’ve used,such as new batteries and gaffa tape that came in handy to patch a friends tent and being able to change a head torch battery whilst out walking in the dark.Anyways I thought I would share the contents.
94669c388615a6ff37156feb4afb826a.jpg

c9033f511e053db7034e9d68f170380d.jpg

14a938de862a8c017734b852b5ea6877.jpg

eb5f38103c148e1f64b47fe06c917565.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barney Rubble

Settler
Sep 16, 2013
Rochester, Kent
youtube.com
Nice looking pouch matey, they make some quality gear don't they. I use a cheapy viper tactical pouch but, aside from carrying it into camp, I tend not to wear it as a belt kit item, come to think of it I don't really wear anything on my belt, not even my knife!

I think they're natty little pouches to store those handy little items that you use frequently and are otherwise bouncing around in the top pocket of the rucksack. When I get to camp, I take it off and hang it up somewhere close.

At the moment, in my little pouch, I have the following:
Swiss Army Knife - the Hiker version
LED Lenser torch
Spare batteries
lighter
matches
ferro rod (I follow Dave Canterbury's rule of having 3 means of lighting fire!)
a few pieces of birch bark
fatwood
Fish mouth spreader for my pathfinder pot
hank of paracord (about 10ft)
small piece of leather loaded with stropping compound
small sharpening stone.

Reactions: ocean1975

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
Useful looking kit. It must be the only one I've seen without the obligatory 'backup knife' though :eek: I like to keep a couple of turns of gorilla tape around my torch so I can hold it in my teeth if needed. It's also a neat way to store spare tape.

ocean1975

Jan 10, 2009
rochester, kent
Your right Barney.The bits and pieces that are in the tin,are what used to be rattling around in the top pocket of the rucksack.But I suppose the reason for wearing it on your belt is,as I’m sure you know that you have things on you that are handy for when you are away from your rucksack or worse loose it.Looking forward to our next camp out ;)

Last edited:

ocean1975

Jan 10, 2009
rochester, kent
Useful looking kit. It must be the only one I've seen without the obligatory 'backup knife' though :eek: I like to keep a couple of turns of gorilla tape around my torch so I can hold it in my teeth if needed. It's also a neat way to store spare tape.
Thanks for the reply daveO,
I was thinking of putting a small blade in there but I always carry my knife on my belt along side the possibles pouch.i may in time put a Leatherman squirt in there or a Spyderco bug or similar.

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
I've had a SOG micron on my keys for years now and it never gets used. I think a Leatherman Micra or a SAK classic is a better option just for the other tools you get with it which will probably be more use than another knife.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE