possible supply of 24hr ration packs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nettles150390

Forager
Nov 7, 2013
High Melton, Doncaster
Count me in too. I can tell you now though that I can't see them quoting anything like the prices you are hoping for. Most people spend between £8 and 12 for what are effectively second had packs. I would guess they would want around £20 for new. I would be delighted to be proved wrong though.

i know still its all about how things are worded, plus the bigger the order the cheaper its likely to be, end of the day worst they can say is no, if you dont ask you dont get. they wanna sell their stuff at a price to make money we wanna buyit at a price to save money its finding the happy medium.

Insel Affen

Settler
Aug 27, 2014
Tewkesbury, N Gloucestershire
Hey guys, so I was reading that ration pack post on here the other day and it got me thinking quite a few people like the ease of ration packs but their expensive to get hold of. So I contacted the company that supplies them to the M.O.D. they would be willing to sell them but need to know numbers before they can give me any prices. So if I was to buy some in who'd be interested?

Which company was it? I know one of the girls who heads up the team responsible for ration packs at the Logistic place in Bristol, must drop her a line to see if she has any gen.

nettles150390

Forager
Nov 7, 2013
High Melton, Doncaster
Which company was it? I know one of the girls who heads up the team responsible for ration packs at the Logistic place in Bristol, must drop her a line to see if she has any gen.

The one I thought it was was vestry you see their name on a load of the stuff in side the ration packs but another guy I know said it myt actually be a company called westlerfoods so I'm gonna be looking into that. Cos these prices are steep "here ze list"

Mountain house one person meals £3-4 each
Mountain house 2 person £5.33 each .
mountain house time £16.39 - 43.33 each.
10 man ration packs £59.26 each.
24hr ration packs £15.25 each,
beyond the beaten track 24hr box £15.25 each.
Btbt day packs £9.47 each.
Btbt flow wrapped individual meals £2.25-2.50 each.
Btbt non flow (whatever that means) £2.25 each.
Btbt hot meal kits £3.51 each

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Yeah, but its only a BB date... so should be good for ages.

Interesting, effectively £1.50 ish each once delivered. I had to laugh when looking into the details that the manufacturer has decided to increase the BBE of May 2014 to May 2015, good on them, had some left over then! :lmao:

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
I was mulling over the idea of doing a GB for Soylent complete liquid food but an EU sourced version. The US soylent is expensive and there is major supply lag.

It is a powder containing all the nutrients the body needs and it contains over 2000 kcals. You make it up with water and just drink it whenever you choose. It isn't a slimming aid, it is designed to replace solid food and it comes in 4 flavours.

I thought it would be an interesting thing to try and of course it is an easy and light food source when out and about. It is fast to prepare and convenient to use.

I don't think they do a Soylent Green version! :eek:

Last edited:

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Good call.

I'd be up for MRE's if anyone can find a good source for these, I've not been able to source these at a 'reasonable' price and within date, I do like these :cool:

It's a question, I have never had these and would like to know people's thoughts.

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
I've just used a 2001 us mre, sausage in creamy gravy yuck. The packs cost around £8.00

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE