Possible meet up for London/Essex Boys

Graywolf

Nomad
May 21, 2005
Whereever I lay my Hat
I have just emailed the Warden of a Scout camp in Essex to see if it is possible to have a meet there as I am fed up with everybody else having fun,and not being able to travel to far due to work commitments.So I hope their are a few others interested, as I am new to bushcraft,Will let you know how I get on as soon as possible.
Clayton

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
Hi Graywolf,
Chelmsford Massive checking in... I'm definitely up for is so long as I'm around at the time. Which site is it? Skreens?

Cheers,
Neil.

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
Fair warning

You may get told that such a thing is not possible at a scout campsite if there are young people camping there at the time. Alternatively, the warden may allow it if all you lot attending have been officially CRB checked. Of course, if you're all Scouters, there's no problem...

It seems that the Scout Association is taking its responsibility to protect the kids camping there more seriously than it possibly has in the past.

Dave Barker

Nomad
Sep 15, 2003
Norway
www.brukskniver.net
Graywolf said:
I have just emailed the Warden of a Scout camp in Essex to see if it is possible to have a meet there as I am fed up with everybody else having fun,and not being able to travel to far due to work commitments.So I hope their are a few others interested, as I am new to bushcraft,Will let you know how I get on as soon as possible.
Clayton

Pm sent. I too am from NAM

Graywolf

Nomad
May 21, 2005
Whereever I lay my Hat
Hi All,
Have just recieved a email back from Thriftwood Scout Camp,Brentwood.I have posted reply here.
Sorry for delay in replying. Basically have no problem
with your group using Thriftwood, but all members must
agree to abode by the Scout Association's Young
Children policy. Will send one if you are interested.
Suggest a site visit would be the next appropriate
step.
Regards Bill.
I have replied,to set up a site visit at Bills convenience,
Clayton

pignuts

Jun 15, 2005
may also be interested. me and partner with baby will be up for something nearer london. we're in east london so sounds great if it gets off the ground!!

Graywolf

Nomad
May 21, 2005
Whereever I lay my Hat
Spoke yesterday with Warden,something has gone wrong as now he is saying that only youth groups can use site.And I was going for a site visit,I only phoned him to confirm time. :confused:
Clayton

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
There appears to have been some sort of clampdown recently. I tried to book some camping over Easter with a friend and his girlfriend & son at some local scout campsites. I was told in each case that nobody could camp at a scout campsite unless they were members of the Scout movement, or at the very least were CRB checked - Even though I am a scoutleader myself, as far as the campsites were confirmed there appeared to be no wiggle-room at all.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE