Possible meet in Ayrshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
Inthewids
It's in Eglinton Park in Irvine, North Ayrshire mate, looks like a good site for it.

Stuart F
Your more than welcome mate

Everybody is welcome for this, in fact the more the merrier and this particular site is big enough to hold a whole lot more of us. Once I've got a decent idea of whos coming I can confirm with the park and I'll post up the details of how to get there and where we will be, in the meantime you can find the details if you search for Eglinton Park, that will give you an idea of the venue and directions.

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
This is the latest list and still growing

Sniper
Scottishwolf
Gill
Morch
Scout
Mischief
Toddy
Big Geordie
Gaillaine
Windward
Wayland
Treeclipper
Nagual
Barn Owl
Alpha Centaur
Korvin Karbon
Freespin
Doc
StJon
Grooveski
Tripitaka
ScottForsythe
Chainsaw
Hugh Forsythe (Scotts dad)

Just add your name to the bottom if it's not shown there folks.

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
This was the list at the last count

Sniper
Scottishwolf
Gill
Morch
Scout
Mischief
Toddy
Big Geordie
Gaillaine
Windward
Wayland
Treeclipper
Nagual
Barn Owl
Alpha Centaur
Korvin Karbon
Freespin
Doc
StJon
Grooveski
Tripitaka
ScottForsythe
Chainsaw
Huh Forsythe (Scotts dad)
Stuartf
Inthewids

Another couple of names added

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
I'm gonna try and source a bale of hay for this, so that if anybody is bringing a bow we can set up a target for shooting at.

It's no bother to bring a butt or two along if you don't find one.
.....and I'll sort out 'chute poles(whether it's picking up the ones from Daves or cutting some fresh ones).

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
That would be great if you could thanks Josh, I pm'd Dave but he has'nt got back to me but theres plenty of time yet. I'm going to confirm the booking for the !7th, 18th, 19th April as no one seems to have any objections to these dates so far and we need to book early to get the dates before the summer season of fairs and events start to really get going.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
That would be great if you could thanks Josh, I pm'd Dave but he has'nt got back to me but theres plenty of time yet.

They're moving house. Probably still in mid-move chaos.
Those poles are too big for me to transport but I could take a saw to them then scarf/pin them. Thinking about it I doubt if there'd be three hazel long enough in the grove so grabbing those ones while they're going seems like the best idea.

woods_man

Tenderfoot
Feb 25, 2007
Clydebank
i just noticed this thread,
i might be free, dont know the dates i am working with my groups, is it ok if i come along? if i am free,
peter..

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
No problem mate, you'll be very welcome.

Sniper
Scottishwolf
Gill
Morch
Scout
Mischief
Toddy
Big Geordie
Gaillaine
Windward
Wayland
Treeclipper
Nagual
Barn Owl
Alpha Centaur
Korvin Karbon
Freespin
Doc
StJon
Grooveski
Tripitaka
ScottForsythe
Chainsaw
Stuartf
Inthewids
Woods_man

Anymore for anymore?

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
Just an update folks, I've just had confirmation of the site booking in today for the 17 / 18 / 19th of April so looking forward to seeing everyone there. I'm hoping to be there from about 14.00 onwards on the Friday all being well, so anytime from then on after for you folks arriving will be good.

webbie

Forager
Jan 1, 1970
scotland
Sniper
Scottishwolf
Gill
Morch
Scout
Mischief
Toddy
Big Geordie
Gaillaine
Windward
Wayland
Treeclipper
Nagual
Barn Owl
Alpha Centaur
Korvin Karbon
Freespin
Doc
StJon
Grooveski
Tripitaka
ScottForsythe
Chainsaw
Stuartf
Inthewids
Woods_man
webbie ( work depending )

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
John

Is it the place just off the A737 ? with the union jack shaped cuts in the trees.

If its possible could you mark up a google map with the basics, entrance, parking area camping area ?

Stephen

Just off 737 and signposted Steve.

Don't ask me to do 'puter stuff though.

Back to J for that.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Here's a map of the site.

Eglinton.jpg

Won't be making it along myself after all. Think the big list set off my shy gene. :)
Things didn't work out for picking up the 'chute poles. They're there for the taking though.

Have a good one all.
All the best,
Josh

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Ah, don't say that :) It's a big enough place you can slope off somewhere quiet and still come visit.

Talk to me about the poles ? Are these the ones from Morch's ?

I have a set of collapsable ones but they won't take a fire under them. Fine for a workshop area though.

atb,
Mary

Big Geordie

Nomad
Jul 17, 2005
Bonny Scotland
C'mon Josh, just pull the brim down on the hat a wee bit more than usual and wear some bushcrafty shades. Besides it may be raining.:cool:
We still have another bottle of Jura at home in Kilwinning... :eek:
ATB
George :sadwavey:

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
Sorry folks, haven't been on much lately due to wife being in hospital undergoing some major surgery, but she's back home again so hopefully get back to some sort of normality. Thanks to all who were asking for her.
OK to business, as Barn Owl says Stephen it's the same place, when you enter following the signs from the 373 the camp area is just on the field to the left. A wee note of caution though the wooded area is a bit wild so if your hammocking the ground may need a wee bit of a shave. The rangers have offered a ramble around on the Saturday at 2.00 for flora and fauna which should be interesting, and all is now set for this going ahead. Come on Josh it's a big place so there is plenty space to keep a bit of privacy and the grounds are excellent for a wander about.
Can anyone help out with these poles for the chute cos that is one item that will be really needed specially if the weather is a bit wet or dismal. My car won't manage anything of that length, unless we cut them but that would require some means of reconnecting them to get the length needed, anyone any suggestions?

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
Only just spotted this ... if there's still room I'll add myself to the list :D

Sniper
Scottishwolf
Gill
Morch
Scout
Mischief
Toddy
Big Geordie
Gaillaine
Windward
Wayland
Treeclipper
Nagual
Barn Owl
Alpha Centaur
Korvin Karbon
Freespin
Doc
StJon
Grooveski
Tripitaka
ScottForsythe
Chainsaw
Stuartf
Inthewids
Woods_man
webbie ( work depending )
andy_e

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE