Possible Emberlit Ti woodstove gb?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Flannelfoot

Tenderfoot
Apr 15, 2012
South-west
I realize I currently don't have enough posts to start a group buy myself, but i'm putting the feelers out for a Emberlit titanium woodstove GB?

At the start of the year one had run on either SOTP or BB. I think they needed to fill 20 orders, and got them for $55.00 inc delivery, which is a great saving over $79.00 plus delivery from the US.

They look like amazing bits of kit.

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
I got one in the group buy on BB, excellent bit of kit but havent got round to trying mine yet as I got it mainly as a lightweight back up. It was run by Nice65 who is also on here so may be worth dropping him a pm.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
At the start of the year one had run on either SOTP or BB. I think they needed to fill 20 orders, and got them for $55.00 inc delivery, which is a great saving over $79.00 plus delivery from the US

You won't get that price again. It involved a great deal of research into import law. What ended up happening was unintentionally, but technically, illegal as very little duty was paid.

From my point of view it was headache. The BB one ran smoothly, people know me there and trusted me to get the best price, but here less so, with a lot of people wanting the final price before I could give it and seemingly unable to create a list on the GB page. I closed the feeler thread and dealt with the serious members by PM.

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99396&highlight=Titanium+Emberlit+gb

This is no reflection on the members here, I can understand them wanting details. Thing is I was importing over a grands worth of stuff and needed definite buyers prior to purchase. It got a bit messy really. I already see there are people posting in your thread assuming you're doing a GB despite it clearly saying you can't.

I did another one here in fact, for the SS version. It was much easier because Mikhail (Mr Emberlit) said he'd cover all fees so I was able to state an exact price without fear of being out of pocket upon delivery.

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99396&highlight=Titanium+Emberlit+gb

Yet the simplest instruction for all participants to send me their address by PM so I could create an Emberlit message folder were, in some cases, overlooked. Leaving me to try and link a Paypal payment from someone to a username on here. One person, when prompted again for his address, sent me a link to his stationary company so I had to find the Contact Us page to get the address :aargh4:

I've done a few GBs and know the score, so please don't read this as a whine, it's not my intention. For anyone considering a GB for anything, bear in mind there's no gain or profit, much effort has to be made and there's a huge risk of loss if importing from outside the EU.

Flannelfoot, I'm on very good terms with Mikhail. I doubt if I could meet the $55 price again, but I might be able to sort something out. Send me a PM mate, I'll see what I can do.

Flannelfoot

Tenderfoot
Apr 15, 2012
South-west
Sorry chaps, looks like this one is a non-starter.

The duty, vat and fees wouldn't make this economical for us. Maybe if anyone is head to the US on a holiday or something could pick some up for the forum?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE