Possible Comrie Croft meet up weekend of 14th and 15th September

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
Hi :)

Ive been in contact with George up at the Croft to see if we can organise another meet up seeing as its been a long time since the last one.
The Idea was another skills share with kit swap and sale and a good chill out and relax.

What George said The weekend of 14th and 15th September has lots of spaces in all the camping areas still available, I'm afraid that the meeting room is being used every weekend in September but we would be able to work something out somewhere ells for you to set up your stalls. All the other weekends in September have weddings and parties on so this one would probably suit you all best.
So Hence the 14th and 15th September.

So who's all up for this ?

cheers Russ

Last edited:

belzeebob23

Settler
Jun 7, 2009
glasgow
sounds like fun Russ would be up for that no skills to share I don't think but good for picking other peoples brains

bob

youngbushcrafter

Tenderfoot
Jun 16, 2011
Scotland
George was telling me about this a couple of days ago when i was up there, he told me that i should just turn up, shame its a bad weekend for me but i may be able to come up for the day. :)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Good idea Russ :D

Maybe if folks said what kind of things they'd like to do, then we could maybe organise some workshops on those topics ?

If all's well with the elderlies I'll be there :D

cheers,
Mary

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
It really depends on if I'm offshore or not. I've a wedding to go to on the first of September. Might be able to make it but it'll have to be a maybe from me for now. Have a good one though!Andy

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hi Russ,i would of liked to be there but i have Wooplaw 25,on the 1st & 2nd. And getting more time off work will not go down too well.
But have a good one anyway,and mind to post up the pics.

Atb Cheers Stuart.

bronskimac

Forager
Aug 22, 2011
Dundee
Bit embarrassing request after all the posts about folk like me. I have no idea how to correctly navigate with a map and compass. I do have the sense to not go hill walking without the right tools and knowledge. If someone has the patience, could I get an introduction to navigation? I'm not the hill walking type but it would be nice to have an idea in case of emergencies.

Also a recommendation of a good compass to buy? Not got a lot of cash, so a balance between price and quality would be good. Some of the compasses in my local shops look and feel like they fell out of a Christmas cracker.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE