possible billy bargain at aldi next week

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
storage tins like this are usually thin metal and won't last over a fire, also the lids look plastic or have a rubber seal on them... melt city.

The best billy can I have seen to date are the Zebra ones, I now have a 12cm and a 16cm one and they ar both brilliant and do take some abuse.

For £20 they'r brilliant kit.

Cheers, Joe

Paganwolf

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
Jack from woodland organics is selling some on BB cheap as chips, they are having a clear out by the looks of things, i think the 14cm ones are £13 :biggthump *edit just took a trip to BB n there sold sorry guys :cry: but squidders is right they are top quality billys should last you a life time :biggthump

whitebuffalo

Banned
Oct 28, 2004
Cornwall
I think Tony must have bought them Paganwolf as he is now selling them with a slight mark up. They are really good cooking pots, I have one I bought off Gary sometime ago and it has given me steriling service.

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
THE ASDA CANS ARE OK - BUT THE GLASS LID WOULD BE A PROBLEM - Best cans you can buy are £1.99 from TKMAXX I have used one of these all over the place and it has never let me down. All you need to is add a bail arm.

Joe one advantage of thinner metal is a quicker boil time, my us canteen cup boils the same amount of water in less the time it takes a crusader and the same with my home made billy over a zebra, this also means less fuel needed ect ect.

fiacha

Tenderfoot
Feb 7, 2005
Dublin, Ireland
i wasn't planning on using them with the supplied lids.
for €10 i'll give em a go.

at worst, the mother will get a couple of tins for her teabags :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE