Poor dragonfly :(

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

squishy

Maker Plus
Sep 13, 2011
Doncaster
www.facebook.com
Went out to walk the dog earlier and came across this rather large, yet beautiful beasty near the gate.. unfortunately no longer with us :(

agevy6et.jpg

I love dragonflies.. their wings are amazing and they come in such beautiful colours! I didn't want to leave it to get trodden on so I scooped it up and put it under a nice plant.

On a brighter note though, I also saw a very much alive one the other day.. a lot smaller and a gorgeous bright blue.. so pretty! I seem to have deleted the pic though :(

Rachael x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Sad end for a beautiful jewelled predator. I've seen some of your dragonfly inspired work and it's equally pretty. The wings encased in resin does sound nice, you could've made something very nice from it. But I suppose our anthropomorphic nature befits giving it a burial.
Cheers for sharing though and they are lovely to watch, like some art nouveau killer stalking the reed beds.

GB.

squishy

Maker Plus
Sep 13, 2011
Doncaster
www.facebook.com
Im not sure how long it was.. I'd say a good 10cm at least.. ill go have a look later :)

I did want to keep it but I wasn't sure what to do with it, and my dad doesn't really like me keeping random dead animals in the house! :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE