Day Out Deceptive Sun.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

saxonaxe

Nomad
Sep 29, 2018
SW Wales
Bright sunshine and frozen fingers after a morning on the Airgun Range sighting in a couple of my Air Rifles. I wimped out and scuttled off home when frozen fingers eventually made it too difficult to load properly. A beautiful morning though and the temperatures locally are just hovering around 1 or 2 C so no hard frost or snow as in other parts of the country.
A bit of a contrast session really, only sighting in this morning but with a gun from the 1980's and another from the 2020's the difference is noticeable

On the left is a Diana 48/52 (mine is the 52 model) from the 1980's when the German Manufacturer used the original 'Diana' name rather than the RWS Trade mark which features on similar air rifles today.

On the right is a British made Brocock rifle, rotary magazine 6 shot PCP, ( pre-charged Pneumatic ) For anyone not aware that's basically compressed air powered rather than spring action single shot like the Diana.
A bit chalk and cheese really, the Diana is 10.5 lbs and hovers around the legal 12 ft/lb muzzle energy limit while the Brocock weighs just 6.5 lbs

The Dragon flag rules but others are welcome...:laugh:

25 yard sighting in range, nicely sunlit this morning.

Pick a target..Range set out for non competition informal shooting and great for 'Plinking fans'

Sky looking interesting and a couple of real snowflakes, the first this winter locally, so time to go home and thaw out.

:hatscarf:...:thumbsup:

saxonaxe

Nomad
Sep 29, 2018
SW Wales
Out of interest, how do you charge your PCP? I've got a problem at the moment, none of the gun shops locally have air :(
I've got an air bottle, Broch. I had it filled at a Dive Shop in Sussex in October last year. I only have the one PCP and tend to favour my spring guns so my bottle lasts a long time. Neath Gun shop will fill a bottle to 300 bar for you, although my last visit there was pre Covid days so best to confirm that before you visit.

Reactions: Broch

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
I've got an air bottle, Broch. I had it filled at a Dive Shop in Sussex in October last year. I only have the one PCP and tend to favour my spring guns so my bottle lasts a long time. Neath Gun shop will fill a bottle to 300 bar for you, although my last visit there was pre Covid days so best to confirm that before you visit.

I have probably shot more with my 1980s BSA Supersport than with all my other firearms, shotguns, and air rifles, combined :)

Reactions: saxonaxe
Dec 10, 2015
South Wales
I was also going to suggest Neath but I think that’s a long trip for Broch.

I’ve had an old springer I kept at my fathers for years. Always fancies a PCP but I just don’t think I would use it enough to justify it.

Reactions: Broch and saxonaxe

Jay131

Nov 20, 2021
Aberdovey
Some memories brought back there. I learned to shoot using my Dads old Diana - he didn’t remember owning it, but I must have put thousands of pellets through it!

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
I had a hw80 since the mid 80’s a shot thousands of rounds through it. I bit the bullet about 5 year ago and bought a PCP and haven’t looked back, ten shot mag plus spare, my biggest notice was the accuracy, a real key hole cutter!

saxonaxe

Nomad
Sep 29, 2018
SW Wales
Yes, I understand your preference for the PCP, my Brocock 6 shot just whispers when I squeeze the trigger, there's no recoil and a postage stamp covers the group, but in a strange way, to me at least, it's a bit like the difference between clutching a GPS and mechanically following Way Points to a destination or using a Compass, bearings, judging distance and a map to find my way.
My Springers, the Diana in particular, bark and kick and need shooting skills to get a respectable group. I don't dismiss PCP they are great guns and in the right hands for pest control etc: can produce reliable humane kills, but when target shooting ( or navigating) my Dinosaur genes like a challenge. :)

Reactions: dwardo

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE