Poncho with a wide head opening?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
Hey guys, can anyone help me out. Current poncho is great but the head opening is too tight for me to wear with multiple layers, not so bad over the warmer months but a real pain this time of year.

Can anyone recommend a poncho with a larger head opening? Grommets or tie out points on the corners would also be useful but not essential.

Cheers chaps!

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
Swiss Army poncho is a button/snaps up the front cape, if that helps :D

Swiss army poncho is pretty good, it is totally waterproof, covers a rucksack easily and the hood is big enough to wear a wide brimmed hat underneath. It is not that heavy compared with something like the polish laavu shelter half and is a very practical survival garment, in that you could stick your feet in a rucksack liner and wrap yourself up in the poncho and it is good to weather out the worst of storms.

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
Thanks guys I'll check out your suggestions now. Guess I'm going to have to take a hit in weight compared to my silnylon poncho, but at least I'll be able to get my fat head into it :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE