poncho tarp recommendation

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gallatos

May 27, 2013
glasgow
Hey,

i currently use a TW cornelius 3x3 tarp which is great but i'm trying to cut a bit of weight from my kit when walking.
I can't decide between TW Green ultralight, the DD poncho (i suspect may be too heavy and a little narrow) and the plethora on Army Surplus ponchos.

In essence I need a light weight poncho which will double as a good hammock tarp that doesn't cost too much

Any recommendations?

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Never used the TW, but I've found similar-weight ponchos tend to "glue" themselves to me in the slightest breeze, and it drives me spare!.............Used a DD for the past 4 years as both shelter and poncho, and I can't fault the performance and durability of it; I did have to cut the gusset/baffle thingy from behind the neck opening as I run very hot, and I have to admit it's just a little on the heavy side but worth it in my view. atb mac

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE