Services offered Polish Lavuu MODS price list

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

scottisha5

Maker
Nov 14, 2009
Motherwell, Scotland, UK
Hi Folks,

Please find attached a price list which should save you having to Pm me for prices. I think its only fair that the prices are available to view. Of course deals are available, please just ask me.

Polish Lavuu MOD Prices Price

1. Remove buttons and sew both Ponchos together £20

2. Fit clear window and flap (30cmx20cm) £25

3. Fit Mil Spec zip to arm hole £15

4. Fit Sidewalls to 23cm, Inc. webbing loops & Velcro £75

5. Fit HDPE groundsheet and Velcro £55

6. Remove Tin eyelets & fit Web Loops & D Rings £25

7. Add Web Loop and D ring to peak £15

8. Fit snow flaps to modded sidewalls £35

9. Fit upright & vertical zip to entrance £30

10. Fit Stove flashing & rain flap £30

All work is carried out on industrial machines with V69 bonded polyester threads, which are rot resistant. All zips and webbing used are military spec. All plastics used are ITW Nexus brand.

Any order of four modifications or more qualify for a 20% discount.

Anything else just give me a shout.

Best wishes to all and thanks to everyone who has used my services, I hope to be able to do lots more for you all.

John

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
A window! Great idea, I hated mine as it was pitch black inside at midday. Using a torch fumbling for stuff got tedious quickly.

Seeing some of these mods makes me almost want to give one another chance, but I cut ours up for material!

Reactions: scottisha5

scottisha5

Maker
Nov 14, 2009
Motherwell, Scotland, UK
A window! Great idea, I hated mine as it was pitch black inside at midday. Using a torch fumbling for stuff got tedious quickly.

Seeing some of these mods makes me almost want to give one another chance, but I cut ours up for material!

I have two windows in mine, 30cm x 20cm with a flap to close for night time. Yes its dark inside especially if its wet outside and your door is closed over. Using a torch during the day wastes batteries that you may need at night time.

Cutting up a Lavuu should be a crime punishable by imprisonment lol

Atb

John

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I'm going to have a go at modding mine, starting off with a zip (which I bought off here in March 2012!) but not sure where exactly to sew it. The original has an edge with buttonholes that is sandwiched between the edge with the buttons and a storm flap. Sewing onto the edge of these would negate the usefulness of the flap as well as altering the shape somewhat.

Had a practice to see how my sewing machine would cope with multiple canvas layers - it struggled a bit but managed OK. I'm using Nylon thread which may not be as rot resistant as polyester but must be more resistant than the cotton canvas, surely?

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Had more of a go today - think I'm asking a bit too much of my machine - partly because the bulk of material to fit through is very large (trying to sew one side together)

Reactions: Darryl of Sussex
Jan 13, 2019
Gallifrey
Hi Folks,

Please find attached a price list which should save you having to Pm me for prices. I think its only fair that the prices are available to view. Of course deals are available, please just ask me.

All work is carried out on industrial machines with V69 bonded polyester threads, which are rot resistant. All zips and webbing used are military spec. All plastics used are ITW Nexus brand.

Best wishes to all and thanks to everyone who has used my services, I hope to be able to do lots more for you all.

John

Found it! Well if i’m being totally transparent, Dave at Military Mart told me where to find this thread. So credit where it’s due.
Will be in touch John,

S&F,

Darryl

Mar 22, 2019
Glasgow
Hi Folks,

John
Hi john just wondering if these mods are still available?
Would be great to hear back from you

Many thanks
William

shaneh

Nomad
Feb 10, 2009
Colchester
I agree with the post above.

Would love to see pictures of each mod, to see what I would be getting for my money.

Many Thanks

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Splashed out on an industrial machine and finally got that zip attached (after 7 years!). Went to do some fine stitching on my older machine and the blooming industrial motor blew up - big "pop" from the capacitor (I presume) and lots of smoke.

Tereskan

Nov 11, 2019
Esses
Can you drop me a message, I have a lavvu I would love upgrading.

Hi Folks,

John

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Did you ever try to sew triangles in the peak to open it as a chimney?

If I would have one, I would try the first day to light a small fire inside this tents.

In my opinion it should work.

Steve4166

Apr 30, 2020
Scotland
Hi John,
I was hoping to get a few mods off your list carried out to my lavvu. Are you still offering this service? Many thanks.

Steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE