Pole lathe (almost) free to a good home

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MattW

Forager
Jun 2, 2005
Warrington, UK
**Lathe now spoken for - deal done with buckshot**

Many moons ago (about 8 years), I attended a greenwood course in mid-wales and made myself a pole lathe. On my return back home, it went into my dad's cellar where it remained until he moved house recently - best laid plans :rolleyes: .

I now have the aforementioned pole lathe in my garage and in all honesty, its not going to get used which a shame but I just don't have the space for it anymore. So I'd like it to go to someone who'll use it. All I want in return is a little token - something 'interesting' to do with bushcraft (however, see below regarding collection).

It survived its storage remarkably well, with just a few shakes in its oak legs. It is mainly oak, with ash beds and I'll throw in a 1" gouge and a 5/8" skew chisel. It's never been used in anger (apart from trying it out at the end of the course).

My one condition is that buyer will have to collect (it's pretty heavy, but breaks down into a few big chunks!), so factor this into your offer (I live in Warrington, Cheshire). I'd also be dissapointed to see it end up on e-bay (not that I'd imagine for a second that anyone on here would do that) - however, I've no control over this - once it's yours it's yours!

Pictures below (try to ignore the tip in the corner of the garage!):

lathe3.jpg

lathe4.jpg

lathe5.jpg

lathe1.jpg

cheers
Matt

MattW

Forager
Jun 2, 2005
Warrington, UK
OK - pics added to original post.

I had to take them in the garage in the end (still flippin' raining :rolleyes: ), so I couldn't get far enough away for a decent shot. Hopefully good enough though.

Mat

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE