Polar Pure

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dingo

Nomad
Jan 7, 2005
leicestershire
WOW

Been away for the weekend, sorry i haven't posted, I will contact them with regards purchasing 3 cases which would be 72, we have approx 53 at present so this would allow a little contingency, what i will say is when its gone, its gone! first come first served.

I will post any info i get on cost in this thread, as i said at the start, i was only testing the water, so what ever it costs i will divide it by the 72 including p&p to your address, here is the reply sent to me from polar pure, please remember that there is carriage from the states to the uk, and then VAT and import duty to add to these costs.

Dear Adam,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Currently we do not know of a distributor in the UK but receive many inquiries to purchase Polar Pure, so I think that anyone interested in becoming a distributor would have no trouble selling Polar Pure to individual customers. Due to the high costs involved in international orders, we sell primarily in the U.S.

We would be happy to help you with purchasing Polar Pure directly from us. For international orders, we require full payment in the form of wire transfer of funds to our bank in U.S. funds before shipment. You are responsible for any wire transfer or exchange banking fees incurred at your bank and at our bank in Saratoga, California. Someone recently investigated the cost of transferring payment from his bank in London and I believe the fees were approximately $40 - you would have to ask your own bank what their charges would be. The fees at our bank were approximately $10 at the time, but we would have to confirm this. This same customer also wondered about duty charges upon receipt of his order. He has not yet placed an order, so I do not know what he learned about this. Shipping costs can also be high but we would investigate the most economical method for you. Our case prices are listed below (one case weighs approximately 7 pounds).

1 case (24 bottles) - $6.70 per bottle for total of $160.80.
2 - 5 cases (24 bottles per case) - $6.45 per bottle
6 cases or more (144 bottles) - $6.20 per bottle.

Let me know if you have any other questions or would like further assistance with an order.

Dingo

Nomad
Jan 7, 2005
leicestershire
Woodsmoke x2
UKHaiku x 2
SMARTY x3
tommy the cat 1 or 2
Beer Monster x2
JohnC x2
Bhageera x2
Ogri the trog x2
Bushscout1 x1
andy_e x2
Chas Brookes x 2
Neil1 x 2
Lithril x 2
Gailainne x 2
Buckley8219 x1
Richie O x 2
In Wood X 2
Bri30 X 2
Bodge X 2
Dougster X 2
Bikething x 2
Mirius x 1
Wayland x1
lottie.lou x 2
Wolf Man x1 or x2
Skint x 2
Smokoe x2
Dingo x2

thought i best get on the list before it all goes! 53 up to now only 19 left.

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
Woodsmoke x2
UKHaiku x 2
SMARTY x3
tommy the cat 1 or 2
Beer Monster x2
JohnC x2
Bhageera x2
Ogri the trog x2
Bushscout1 x1
andy_e x2
Chas Brookes x 2
Neil1 x 2
Lithril x 2
Gailainne x 2
Buckley8219 x1
Richie O x 2
In Wood X 2
Bri30 X 2
Bodge X 2
Dougster X 2
Bikething x 2
Mirius x 1
Wayland x1
lottie.lou x 2
Wolf Man x1 or x2
Skint x 2
Smokoe x2
Dingo x2
Lou1661 x1

Cheers
Lou

wolf man

Forager
Sep 12, 2005
Oxford
As you are working on getting three cases, i would like 2 please (just confirming my earlier request).

Woodsmoke x2
UKHaiku x 2
SMARTY x3
tommy the cat 1 or 2
Beer Monster x2
JohnC x2
Bhageera x2
Ogri the trog x2
Bushscout1 x1
andy_e x2
Chas Brookes x 2
Neil1 x 2
Lithril x 2
Gailainne x 2
Buckley8219 x1
Richie O x 2
In Wood X 2
Bri30 X 2
Bodge X 2
Dougster X 2
Bikething x 2
Mirius x 1
Wayland x1
lottie.lou x 2
Wolf Man x2
Skint x 2
Smokoe x2
Dingo x2
Lou1661 x1

Cheers

Dingo

Nomad
Jan 7, 2005
leicestershire
well folks, sent the email last night and here is the reply.

Dear Adam,

We will check shipping costs - UPS, Fed Ex and US Mail for 3 cases to Leicester, England and let you know the total cost. Price will include - 3 cases of Polar Pure, shipping and handling and any banking/transfer fees incurred at our bank.

I am assuming that you still want your order shipped to Leicester, England. Please let me know if this has changed as this may change the cost of shipping.

Thank you,
Ted Wallace

On Jan 27, 2008, at 2:15 PM, Adam Morriss wrote:

Dear Ted

I have had reasonable interest from my Forum buddies, I would like to order 3 cases/72 bottles, would it be possible for you to let me know the exact cost including carriage to the UK, I will then arrange payment direct to your bank.

Thanks

Adam Morriss.

Beer Monster

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 25, 2004
With the gnu!
Price dependent I might have to drop mine down to 1 as I'm paying for my Crusader mug lid this month! Will update as an when the final price comes through. Just bought a flat which needs to be furnished so every penny counts at the moment :eek: !

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Two for me then please!

Woodsmoke x2
UKHaiku x 2
SMARTY x3
tommy the catx 2
Beer Monster x2
JohnC x2
Bhageera x2
Ogri the trog x2
Bushscout1 x1
andy_e x2
Chas Brookes x 2
Neil1 x 2
Lithril x 2
Gailainne x 2
Buckley8219 x1
Richie O x 2
In Wood X 2
Bri30 X 2
Bodge X 2
Dougster X 2
Bikething x 2
Mirius x 1
Wayland x1
lottie.lou x 2
Wolf Man x2
Skint x 2
Smokoe x2
Dingo x2
Lou1661 x1

Cheers Dave

Dingo

Nomad
Jan 7, 2005
leicestershire
i have had some info from Bodge (thanks mate) re a possible problem with customs, i have contacted polar pure and asked the question along with a request for their payment info, so all being well should be all sorted and on their way early next week. i have attached my email below.

Adam.

Dear Adam,

Your total cost for 3 cases (72 bottles) of Polar Pure is $576.40. This includes the cost of the bottles, shipping and handling and our bank $10 transfer fee. You will likely incur transfer fees at your bank as well.

Shipping is via US Priority Mail and would take approximately 6-10 days. We checked into UPS and FedEx but the cost of shipping was about twice the cost of US Mail. If you prefer UPS or FedEx shipping, let me know. Otherwise, US Mail seems to be the most economical method of shipping.

If you wish to place an order, let me know and I will give you the necessary information to arrange payment.

Thank you,
Ted Wallace

Thanks Ted

I would like to place the order with yourselves, one caveat though, is there any reasons that the customs would limit or refuse entry of the product into the UK? I know there where previous stockists of the product, and I know that they must have imported it, I was just wondering if there where any regulations in place to stop the movement of chemicals or crystal substances?

Please forward me the details required to proceed with the order and I will transfer the funds ASAP, subject to the import query being addressed.

Thanks

Adam Morriss.

Glen

Life Member
Oct 16, 2005
London
Two for me as well then please!

Woodsmoke x2
UKHaiku x 2
SMARTY x3
tommy the catx 2
Beer Monster x2
JohnC x2
Bhageera x2
Ogri the trog x2
Bushscout1 x1
andy_e x2
Chas Brookes x 2
Neil1 x 2
Lithril x 2
Gailainne x 2
Buckley8219 x1
Richie O x 2
In Wood X 2
Bri30 X 2
Bodge X 2
Dougster X 2
Bikething x 2
Mirius x 1
Wayland x1
lottie.lou x 2
Wolf Man x2
Skint x 2
Smokoe x2
Dingo x2
Lou1661 x1
Glen X 2

Thanks
Glen

Dingo

Nomad
Jan 7, 2005
leicestershire
Received this email today, just keeping you up to date.

Dear Adam,

I do not know of any reason why customs would limit or refuse entry (import) of Polar Pure but you may be required to pay a custom or duty fee on your end. You might check into import regulations in the UK. Polar Pure is a water treatment (or disinfectant) product and we will ship via US mail. Each bottle of Polar Pure will be individually packaged as you see it on our website home page http://www.polarequipment.com/ and will include an informational page in each box.

If you have seen Polar Pure offered for sale in the UK, it may be that they purchased it from one of our distributors, so we do not know what charges they incurred. We currently have someone else from the UK interested in ordering Polar Pure to add to his website for bushcraft supplies but we do not know of anyone else selling Polar Pure outside of the US.

Let me know if you have any other questions or would like to proceed with an order.

Thank you,
Ted Wallace

On Jan 30, 2008, at 12:10 AM, Adam Morriss wrote:

Thanks Ted

I would like to place the order with yourselves, one caveat though, is there any reasons that the customs would limit or refuse entry of the product into the UK? I know there where previous stockists of the product, and I know that they must have imported it, I was just wondering if there where any regulations in place to stop the movement of chemicals or crystal substances?

Please forward me the details required to proceed with the order and I will transfer the funds ASAP, subject to the import query being addressed.

Thanks

Adam Morriss.

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
Hi can i up my order to 2? unless you run short and someone else would like one.
Woodsmoke x2
UKHaiku x 2
SMARTY x3
tommy the catx 2
Beer Monster x2
JohnC x2
Bhageera x2
Ogri the trog x2
Bushscout1 x1
andy_e x2
Chas Brookes x 2
Neil1 x 2
Lithril x 2
Gailainne x 2
Buckley8219 x1
Richie O x 2
In Wood X 2
Bri30 X 2
Bodge X 2
Dougster X 2
Bikething x 2
Mirius x 1
Wayland x1
lottie.lou x 2
Wolf Man x2
Skint x 2
Smokoe x2
Dingo x2
Lou1661 x2
Glen X 2

cheers
Lou

May 14, 2006
Consett County Durham
Seems No one noticed my request and added me to the list so. .

Woodsmoke x2
UKHaiku x 2
SMARTY x3
tommy the catx 2
Beer Monster x2
JohnC x2
Bhageera x2
Ogri the trog x2
Bushscout1 x1
andy_e x2
Chas Brookes x 2
Neil1 x 2
Lithril x 2
Gailainne x 2
Buckley8219 x1
Richie O x 2
In Wood X 2
Bri30 X 2
Bodge X 2
Dougster X 2
Bikething x 2
Mirius x 1
Wayland x1
lottie.lou x 2
Wolf Man x2
Skint x 2
Smokoe x2
Dingo x2
Lou1661 x2
Glen X 2
Northern Giant UK X1

Thx. Kev.

AndyW

Nomad
Nov 12, 2006
Essex
I'll have one please.

Woodsmoke x2
UKHaiku x 2
SMARTY x3
tommy the catx 2
Beer Monster x2
JohnC x2
Bhageera x2
Ogri the trog x2
Bushscout1 x1
andy_e x2
Chas Brookes x 2
Neil1 x 2
Lithril x 2
Gailainne x 2
Buckley8219 x1
Richie O x 2
In Wood X 2
Bri30 X 2
Bodge X 2
Dougster X 2
Bikething x 2
Mirius x 1
Wayland x1
lottie.lou x 2
Wolf Man x2
Skint x 2
Smokoe x2
Dingo x2
Lou1661 x2
Glen X 2
Northern Giant UK X1
Andyw x 1

Woodsmoke x2
UKHaiku x 2
SMARTY x3
tommy the catx 2
Beer Monster x2
JohnC x2
Bhageera x2
Ogri the trog x2
Bushscout1 x1
andy_e x2
Chas Brookes x 2
Neil1 x 2
Lithril x 2
Gailainne x 2
Buckley8219 x1
Richie O x 2
In Wood X 2
Bri30 X 2
Bodge X 2
Dougster X 2
Bikething x 2
Mirius x 1
Wayland x1
lottie.lou x 2
Wolf Man x2
Skint x 2
Smokoe x2
Dingo x2
Lou1661 x2
Glen X 2
Northern Giant UK X1
Andyw x 1
Gibbsy x1

Dingo

Nomad
Jan 7, 2005
leicestershire
evening people

i have only just received the bank details from polar pure today, i will try and get to the bank tomorrow or weds, once i have paid the bank draft hopefully i will know more about the eta and the end cost, i will post asap once i know anything.

Adam.

Bootstrap Bob

Jun 21, 2006
Oxfordshire
Yes please, one for me :)

Woodsmoke x2
UKHaiku x 2
SMARTY x3
tommy the catx 2
Beer Monster x2
JohnC x2
Bhageera x2
Ogri the trog x2
Bushscout1 x1
andy_e x2
Chas Brookes x 2
Neil1 x 2
Lithril x 2
Gailainne x 2
Buckley8219 x1
Richie O x 2
In Wood X 2
Bri30 X 2
Bodge X 2
Dougster X 2
Bikething x 2
Mirius x 1
Wayland x1
lottie.lou x 2
Wolf Man x2
Skint x 2
Smokoe x2
Dingo x2
Lou1661 x2
Glen X 2
Northern Giant UK X1
Andyw x 1
Gibbsy x1
Bootstrap Bob x1

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE