Flowers are luvly

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Someplace.....in a shed, heaven help me, I'm pretty sure they're in a box in the back of the shed that I keep the crates of Kilner jars, etc.,.....I have a load of aniline dyes. I doubt I'll ever use them, but if I come across them this Summer, might they be of use to you ? they do dye wood, and they do it evenly.

M

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Someplace.....in a shed, heaven help me, I'm pretty sure they're in a box in the back of the shed that I keep the crates of Kilner jars, etc.,.....I have a load of aniline dyes. I doubt I'll ever use them, but if I come across them this Summer, might they be of use to you ? they do dye wood, and they do it evenly.

M
thanks Toddy, woul dbe more than happy to try them out on a few flowers, ive been using Dylon up to now, which works,but is a tad washed out even in fairly strong dilutions

Reactions: Toddy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Have you tried adding vinegar to the mix ?
It mostly boosts colours for nylon, zips and trimmings, but might be worth a shot on your carvings if you're using the dylon stuff anyway.

M

Reactions: Kepis

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Have you tried adding vinegar to the mix ?
It mostly boosts colours for nylon, zips and trimmings, but might be worth a shot on your carvings if you're using the dylon stuff anyway.

M
nope, not tried that, will give it a bash next time i dye some

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
It helps keep me occupied whilst i await surgery Tony as well as occupying my mind it also provides exercise for my hands and fingers (being medically housebound is a right swine when you have been so active all your life).

I have a tutorial in PDF that i wrote that i can send you (31 pages) or if people want to help little old me out with a few pennies, i have it all as a booklet on Amazon for less than the price of a pint.

Mark

I just bought this great book on the subject ;)

Reactions: Kepis

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE