Pocket fire starter kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
I decided that the tobacco tin kit I have is too big for the pocket of my new PFD and as I am out sea kayaking tomorrow now was a good time to do something about it.:D
I am almost out of air rifle ammo but the tin of pellets that came with it has a screw top lid and is 80mm Diameter and 22mm deep screwed shut but looked like a good candidate for re-purposing. I had some rubber tile offcuts from those bat boxes I made in an earlier thread and came up with this:-

Fire%252520Kit%2525201.jpg

Tin with contents, lid and rubber washer/gasket to help keep water out.

So,

Fire%252520Kit%2525202.jpg

From top left, small refillable gas lighter, two pieces of flint, two pieces of quartz, a bit of birch bark, next row down- char cloth, a ferro rod cut down to 70mm, the offcut end of the file I made my flint striker from (and it works just as well) doubles as a striker for the ferro rod too, in the tin are some 3mm square strips of rubber tile for wet weather fire lighting help, the lid and the gasket which can be set light to in dire need too. :D
If I can't get a fire going with this bit of kit then I need some more schooling ;)

Rob.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE