PM Problem ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Maybe me , maybe my computer , but is anyone else aware of Private Messages not reaching recipient and vice versa as i know i have sent a couple that have not reached there destination , also no record of sent items .

Sorry ignore me i am being thick i think ! my auto saved content thingy was full or something , try yours Paul..

Last edited:

Ichneumon

Nomad
Jul 4, 2011
Lancashire (previously Dartmoor)
Hi Johan

We solved the problem by removing posts from our outbox.

It is strange because neither Ivan nor I had full in/outboxes. Also there was nothing reported. I'd have expected some kind of message to appear when I tried to send a PM e.g. 'This private message cannot be send because your outbox is full'.

I think there is something going on here and it's not just Ivan and I being stupid.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Yeah, you should get a notification that you're full, not sure why that's not happening.

iv'e been caught out before because I had multiple folders for storing different types of PM, they ended up getting full and that affected my total when it looked like I should have been fine.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Yeah, you should get a notification that you're full, not sure why that's not happening.

iv'e been caught out before because I had multiple folders for storing different types of PM, they ended up getting full and that affected my total when it looked like I should have been fine.

The forum software is a bit flaky, but once you get used to working within its limitations you're mostly OK until there's a software upgrade. Then you have to learn all over again what not to do. :banghead:

At the moment for example I have to remember not to try to type anything on the last line of a reply in the 'Quick Reply' box, or my browser's cursor flies off to somewhere weird. Dammit, having just written that it happened then anyway! When it does that I can have scribbled all over something somebody else wrote that I was quoting and that's really irritating.

PMs have gone missing on me a few times, usually when I've been doing a Group Buy, when a lot of PMs tend to come in at once. At one time I thought I must be going mad. GBs sometimes do that to you anyway. :rolleyes:

Anyway since I've stopped using forum folders altogether (I store my messages locally instead) and been a lot more brutal with my stored inbox/outbox messages, I seem to have got away with it.

It might be the explanation, it might not. :dunno:

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
I like to think that because i send and receive quite a lot of PM's ,that i am aware that there is limited space and am always deleting messages , so as to keep some room and it was only after speaking to Paul that i realised there was a problem .

As it turned out , i am not exactly sure what i did , apart from deleting some old sent messages , that appeared to solve the issue , i did get a thing pop up and say you have no room left in your auto saved content thingy , but as you are aware i am not very computer literate, so an explanation would go right over the top of my head , anyway because it all appears to be working again i am now happy .

Thankyou

Ivan...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE