Plain Brown Possible Pouch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

singteck

Settler
Oct 15, 2005
Malaysia
www.flickr.com
Plain brown waist pouch using 3mm vegetable tanned leather and hand stitched with hand twisted natural linen.

Thought I make a plain one and let the thread stands out.

What do you think?

singteck

Black Sheep

Native
Jun 28, 2007
North Yorkshire
photobucket.com
Plain brown waist pouch using 3mm vegetable tanned leather and hand stitched with hand twisted natural linen.

Thought I make a plain one and let the thread stands out.

What do you think?

singteck

Hi Singteck,

Very nice work in deed, I've not seen your work before but I've had a look at your Blog and photos = Excellent work:You_Rock_

I've made a few cases/pouches in a similar way after someone gave me an old small GPO (Post Office) leather box that was box stitched and it set me thinking could I do that?

After a few experiments I've made a case for my leatherman and one to put a few tools in for work. ( I've posted a photo of m leatherman case). But struggling to keep the stitches looking tidy, do you have any tips?

Fuse.jpg

Cheers

Richard

singteck

Settler
Oct 15, 2005
Malaysia
www.flickr.com
That looks good to me mate. Did you waxs the linen.
Topknot.

Thank you. Yes the thread is waxed with bee's wax.

But struggling to keep the stitches looking tidy, do you have any tips?

Thank you

When stitching, you have to be consistent with the placement of the needle and thread for every stitch. You have to make sure the lay of the thread is the same for every stitch. The tension on the thread have to be consistent too. A lot of practice helps.

singteck

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE