pipsqueak stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mittenz

Jul 10, 2008
London
Hi I was concidering buying tentipi's own stove (for my tentipi) but after speaking to several sellers it seems there has been a fault with the new stainless steel stoves so they had been recalled and a new batch would be out later this year. I have been looking on this forum and searching google and i found one and was wondering if anybody had any experience with this stove?

http://www.belltent.co.uk/pipsqueak_stove.htm

i am just a little worried about the weight.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Stuff the weight, it's not as if you'll be backpacking the tent any where! Go for it, it looks classy! :D Don't forget that the cast iron will hold the heat longer than a flimsy sheet metal stove, so will bang out heat for longer with the same or even a little less fuel.

NatG

Settler
Apr 4, 2007
Southend On Sea
looks perfect to me, i slept in a yurt with a tiny little wood powered stove once, i stuffed it full of wood for a cold night and ended up having to sleep outside because it was just too warm! they're great, buy one :D

mittenz

Jul 10, 2008
London
Will you be getting the full flue kit too or going to the local DIY store for some twin wall?

Ummm i am really clueless about DIY-ing this myself and to be honest a little scared of burning my tent to the ground if i get it wrong, i was thinking of asking them if they can do the flue kit (i was going to call it chimney kit thingy so good to know the name lol) yo fit the tentipi.

Is it just safer to get tentipi's own one when its finally in stock? after all it was made to go with the tentipi.

Thanks NatG i have a habbit of putting to much wood on the fire so i will try and be froogle

Martyn that soulpads stove is nice and sounds as if it is able to become more compact (the flue/chimney)

Thanks sandbender i did look at that thread before i posted it was really helpful!

p.s sorry for wondering off from this thread i wasn't expecting much of a responce so thank you :D

C

campingcrazy

The Pipsqueak Mk3 is a great little stove and works really well in my bell tent.
I got mine from http://www.canvasandcast.com and they also supplied an excellent stainless steel flue kit to install the stove.

phill_ue

Banned
Jan 4, 2010
Sheffield
The original link doesn't work but it isn't hard to figure out, I think the eco fan is very clever, not too sure on the price though!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE