Pink haunts my life!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
You would think that ordering an Ex MOD tarp from a respected Army Surplus store would be free from trauma - WRONG!
I recently phoned up Endicotts to order a British Shelter Sheet in Desert camo (I am making a new bed for one of my static camps and it will be sewn up one edge to make the tube of a stretcher/tripod bed) and had a quick chat with the main man - Kev - whom I have known for some years now.
The order was quickly sorted and we had a brief chat (I have only ever bought a couple of items off Kev and met him twice) and I thought - "What a nice chap" - WRONG AGAIN!
Although he is a fantastic businessman, offering an unbeatable service on top quality, well sorted and graded kit that is sent out more than promptly HE IS A SUBTLE SADIST!
Along with my order he sent - A length of PINK tinsle, a PINK clothespeg, a PINK glittery bauble, a PINK set of toe separators (NO I do not paint my toenails!), two PINK buttons, a bobbin of PINK thread and a bag full of PINK marshmallows!
P1060033.jpg
Dammit - I cannot even buy nice manly camo kit without PINK haunting me!
If it was not for the great kit at great prices plus the unbeatable service I am not sure if my nerves would stand my shopping at Endicotts!
I am relieved to be able to say I have no affiliation with Kev or his shop...

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Looks like your weekly order from PinkStuff'R'Us accidentally contains a basha!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
My new bed - plus the PINK bits!
P1060034 (1).jpg
P1060036.jpg
The side of the basha was sewn with paracord type cord (not 550 - I cannot afford that stuff!) through holes melted into the tape with a heated tentpeg.
P1060035.jpg
This bed can also be deployed as a hammock type by placing a bar at each end through the grab loops.
Note the very nice Finnish Gas mask bag - also from Endicotts
My new chair is also featured in the photos - my site is now back up to strength with 2 chairs, sidetable, main table and bed ... all ready for my next visit!
P1060038.jpg
When not held by the fabric tube the poles are not supported - so I hang them on cord loops to keep them off the ground....
P1060040.jpg

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Brilliant!, being a surplus store the Pinky LRD landy and photo- recon Spitfire should be along in your next order. :D
Nice bed too Mr. Fenna.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
While I was making this I noticed another wind damaged tree overhanging and threatening my hard work (the winds have been bad this year lots of damage in the woods!) so I carefully removed it all.
I now have a couple of good poles for future projects (any ideas of what I should build next?:) ) and , from a willow the fallen bits had crushed, I have rammed a whole load of twigs into the ground in the hope they will take and give a windbreak.
I forgot the camera though....

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
With all this mirth and watering eyes I hope none of us get "Pinkeye"

Funny you should say that - I suffer from a bit of "Dry Eye" (the left side of my face is paralyzed after a Martial Arts accident and the eye waters a lot - the other side says " Lots of tears here we do not need to work!" and so while my left eye is wet the right is dry and it get irritated making it pink!
At the moment I am having to use artificial tears - and my eye is kind of pink....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE