Pimp up your SAK.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack_D

May 11, 2009
Midhurst
Well i did it at last, I received the scales from Bill several weeks ago(right after paying for them in fact) but have only just got around to fitting them. I looked at putting the toothpick and tweezers in but actually preferred leaving the scales thicker, I found it fit my hand far better than the original thickness. I will attempt to attach a few photos to this so you can see my attempt, although any faults with the end result are down to my poor woodworking skills rather than the original product. Really happy with the new look of it.

Jon

Attachments

• bushcraftkit 003a.JPG
    bushcraftkit 003a.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 142
  • bushcraftkit 001a.JPG
    bushcraftkit 001a.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 136

sensi5446

Forager
Jun 15, 2009
Manchester
Heres my pimped SAK:D It bit me yesterday:censored:so we're not talking but I still love it!!!

It is a spartan SAK that I bought off a fellow BB member and the scales are two bits of high grade desert ironwood that were left over from a knife I had made by Lance. He kindly sent them to me:). I didn't do any of the work so all credit goes to HillBill (Mark) for doing a fine job!! I noticed he was selling scales for the SAK and ask if he could pimp my SAK with my own scales and he agreed at a fantastic price!!:D

Anyway enough of me waffling heres the pics 8)

DSC01304.jpg

DSC01306.jpg

DSC01307.jpg

DSC01308.jpg

Thanks to Mark and Lance
Cheers
Sensi

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Nice pics. I sharpened the main blade when i put the scales on. It popped hairs when i sent it to you :D

How bad is the cut?

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I like that pattern mate. I have done a knife with a similar one ( will post pics in the next day or so)

I thought the pattern like stingray has would look the best, but now i have seen some done i have changed my mind. :D

sensi5446

Forager
Jun 15, 2009
Manchester
Nice pics. I sharpened the main blade when i put the scales on. It popped hairs when i sent it to you :D

How bad is the cut?

Not to bad, a few mm deep across my thumb, I knew you had sharpened it :) I was saying so to the misses as it when into my thumb like butter :D

Cheers
sensi

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
Got my SAK ready for a treat, as a total novice to this woodcraft stuff, any pointers would help me not make a bodge job of rehandling it.

1. How did you guys cut the notches for the tweezers?
2. sanding process - by glass paper or blocks or dare I say Elec (sorry cant bring myself the say it)

Splatted pattern which oil is best?

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Got my SAK ready for a treat, as a total novice to this woodcraft stuff, any pointers would help me not make a bodge job of rehandling it.

1. How did you guys cut the notches for the tweezers?
2. sanding process - by glass paper or blocks or dare I say Elec (sorry cant bring myself the say it)

Splatted pattern which oil is best?

I use wet and dry upto 1200 grit to sand for a smooth shiny finish,

I treat with Danish oil, about 4 coats. Best to treat before you glue them on so you don't mess your sak up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE