pike lures

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gypsy slings

Forager
Sep 2, 2011
yorkshir
hi lads av just started a new project ..am getting sick of paying for my pike lures so av started to try my hand at makeing my own the old traditanal way .just wondering if any one has had a go at doing some or has done in the past al get some photoes up when the done

NS40

Nomad
Nov 20, 2011
Scotland
I've made a few pike flies...I started fly fishing for pike a couple of years back and it's great fun. The flies are quick and easy to make although they can be quite heavy on materials.

One of my favourites is the bunny leech (as below) although I like a wee touch of red in mine. Pulses beautifully in the water and will tempt pike out for a nibble.

Bunny-Leech-White-side.jpg

If I'm buying lures for spinning, our local poundshop sells pretty good soft 'jelly lures' that work a treat and are a heck of a lot cheaper than you'd get in a fishing shop. They're solidly built and have great action in the water.

gypsy slings

Forager
Sep 2, 2011
yorkshir
I've made a few pike flies...I started fly fishing for pike a couple of years back and it's great fun. The flies are quick and easy to make although they can be quite heavy on materials.

One of my favourites is the bunny leech (as below) although I like a wee touch of red in mine. Pulses beautifully in the water and will tempt pike out for a nibble.

Bunny-Leech-White-side.jpg

If I'm buying lures for spinning, our local poundshop sells pretty good soft 'jelly lures' that work a treat and are a heck of a lot cheaper than you'd get in a fishing shop. They're solidly built and have great action in the water.
that looks nice mate i like the pound shop lures i once got a 14lb on one ........

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
I used to use red and white spoons with great results when after pike spin casting. When fly fishing anything big intended for bass seemed to work well for pike, that white leech looks great.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE