Pictures from my Wicklow Way - Ireland hike

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nicolas

Forager
Jun 2, 2008
Dublin
First one is a little deer we saw, it was with a lot of sheep maybe abandond
g1-(1).jpg

This guy crossed the road (I have to get a better camera this is ridicules)
g1-(10).jpg

g1-(12).jpg

This is the view when you hike all the way up the mountain, it's simply breathtaking
g1-(13).jpg

Same Spot
g1-(20).jpg

g1-(21).jpg

g1-(14).jpg

My wife enjoying something too eat
g1-(15).jpg

This is the spot we had breakfast, we had to flee to higher and windyier grounds due to the little flying pests
g1-(16).jpg

Same spot just a little to the right
g1-(17).jpg

Again same spot just to the left (amazing view)
g1-(18).jpg

Powerscourt waterfall
g1-(23).jpg

These are some spots on a lovly riverside, as you can see (and these are small excamples) people leave all their rubbish here, I have never seen more beercans littered everywhere, made me quite angry.
g1-(24).jpg

g1-(25).jpg

YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!!
g1-(27).jpg

Riverside
g1-(6).jpg

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Looks like you had a great time - shame about the amount of litter tho. It seems that more and more people are going into the countryside to enjoy it, and once there, spoil the one thing that attracted them in the first place.

Simon

Nicolas

Forager
Jun 2, 2008
Dublin
Brilliant photos, you must have really enjoyed view it was spectacular.

Amazing, even when you are really out of breath - sweaty - and your shoulder/traps hurt like a mother you still are amazed at the sheer beauty.
I really wish we had more time, every spot were I took a picture is worth to sit down cook a meal and enjoy the mood.

irishlostboy

Nomad
Dec 3, 2007
Eire
looks like you had sweet weather for it. wicklow is a beautiful place. but far too popular with tourists.
there is an insane amount of deer in wicklow. actually way too many. but they are beautiful creatures. nice one on capturing them on camera. i am too slow to photograph wildlife.

litter is part and parcel of the modern outdoors unfortunately. back in the northwest i pick up what i can. in wicklow i dont bother. i would need to bring a truck with me.

Nicolas

Forager
Jun 2, 2008
Dublin
Just about to say that - did you have the guy from photo 1 for breakfast ? - and on the peat forest floor !

:D

I actually feelt bad for the little one, looked very confused, we saw just before a deer that was seem to be blind, so maybe that was the mother.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE