pics of a winters day

gowersponger

Settler
Oct 28, 2009
swansea
spent the day in the woods today and thought i would share some photos with you guys and girls. i think the print in the snow is a badger i was surprised how big it was. i was trying my best to try and catch a trout to cook up over the fire but it didnt hapen:(.
i climbed a tree to about 25ft and rested up there for a bit to see what wild life would show beneath me but all i saw was a squirrel and lots of birds the one that took my eye the most was a woodpecker lovely bright colours. i also had a fat robin stalking me all day its almost like he was trying to tell me something . i found some very large icicles which were fun to shoot with my rifle. I didnt shoot the woody i found it stiff and frozen i looked to see if he had a bullet wound and he didnt :confused:. when i saw the holly tree it made me think i must make a xmas wreath this year. feel free to add some photos of your day.

gowersponger
[/URL][/IMG]

gowersponger
[/URL][/IMG]

gowersponger
[/URL][/IMG]

gowersponger
[/URL][/IMG]

gowersponger
[/URL][/IMG]

gowersponger
[/URL][/IMG]

gowersponger
[/URL][/IMG]

gowersponger
[/URL][/IMG]

gowersponger
[/URL][/IMG]

gowersponger
[/URL][/IMG]

gowersponger
[/URL][/IMG]

gowersponger
[/URL][/IMG]

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
looks like you had a great day out mate,...

the woodie is a puzzler tho,...never seen that before..

Cheers, Stu

PaulSanderson

Settler
May 9, 2010
North Norfolk, GB
The woody could have the same respitory disease that is effecting a lot on the farm in norfolk right now, which prevents them eating. They just sit there all docile, and even let you pick them up, until they then freak out and hobble off into the undergrowth. I guess when they have the illness they cant exactly fly off to roost and keep warm. Apparently theyre still safe to eat but I wouldnt wanna try it! I'll try and find out what the disease is called.

As for the pics, looks like a great day out! Those icycles make for great lightsabre fights!!

PaulSanderson

Settler
May 9, 2010
North Norfolk, GB
Update on the woody...its Chlamydia...dirty woodies!! Apparently it effects their upper respitory tract and causes all kinds of other nasties...they cant eat, can hardly breath, so they just go all docile and die. Its spreading across the country...

Makes for easier pickings but I would only want to put the poor sods outta their misery, despite being safe to eat with the clap!!

gowersponger

Settler
Oct 28, 2009
swansea
great stuff thanks for the info mate, think iam going up there again on the weekend so i will keep my eye out for any more woodys with chalmydia lol

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE