pick ups

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
this has nothing what so ever to do with bushcraft but there are a lot of clever people here and i thought i might tap in to the wealth of knolage that is BCUK so....

does any one know what the law is concerning people traveling in the pick-up part of the pick up...??

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
thanks for the info... we were doing the other day and police car happened by.. and that is all he did... on he went gave the driver a wave! we were a little supprised to say the least!

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
yes i was just wondering if there was loophole... like isnt there a rule that if a car is not fitted with seat belts then you dont have to were them... also apparently (and i dont know if this is true) it is not actually illigal to have 4 people in the back of a car where there are only 3 seats it does, however, invalidate your insurance!

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
also apparently (and i dont know if this is true) it is not actually illigal to have 4 people in the back of a car where there are only 3 seats it does, however, invalidate your insurance!
And therefore illegal because you are driving without insurance ;-) same goes for people in the back of a van or pickup if there are no seats... the number of people insured to be in the vehical is the same as the number of seats.

Ed

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
9 inmy peugeot 205 was pushing our luck, but 17 in/on a triumph herald took the trophy (started at 21 but 4 fell off). :eek:): The police tend to let you off as they can't get you all in a squad car :eek:):

Cheers
Rich

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE