Photo's of Axes and the like

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I've just promoted PiterM's Gransfors mini review to the articles section and he's got some lovely pics in there so I thought i'd start a thread to see what lovely pics of axes you guys have got. There's a huge range of makes, sizes, uses etc so it would be cool to see them :D

Two Socks

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
Norway
I have posted some of these before, but here are two of mine.

A gransfors bruks wildlife hatchet that is prodominantly used for carving:
_DSC0513.jpg

My old and recently restored hatchet. Not very good, but dear to me:

2013-10-27+15.00.40X.jpg

And a side-by-side shot:

_DSC0762.JPG

I like axes, and pictures of them. Looking forward to what folk put up :)

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
This is my best axe, bought for me by my dear wife :You_Rock_as a Christmas gift a few years ago

Its solid and dependable, tough yet capable of fine and delicate cut's too. I made a replacement handle because the factory one was all wrong for me. This axe is a proper little power cracker.....

I mostly use a fine norton stone and red stropping compound or solvol to keep it sharp, sometimes I use a fine file on it

This is my heavy duty carving axe, 2 1/2 pound Gilpin. Does what it says on the tin, does the big work that is too strenuous for the smaller roselli

Finally, not strictly axes, but every bit as versatile, possibly even more useful to me than the axes-my 2 main elbow azes

If you never used one, you dont know what your missing....It takes time to practise and get used to their action and feel, but believe me its well worth it!

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Some lovely pics there guys goodjob

Ecoman, the way I see tools are that the best ones are the ones that are appropriate for your use, sure there's some lovely looking ones, most of mine aren't that's for sure :D

Keep it coming guys :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE