Photographs (Pic heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
Went out today to try and get some good pictures and have a little cycle ride at the same time :)
Well this is what i came up with:
These were taken yesterday:
DSCF1123.jpg

DSCF1125.jpg

DSCF1124.jpg

DSCF1126.jpg

DSCF1127.jpg

DSCF1128.jpg

Todays:
DSCF1145.jpg

DSCF1131.jpg

DSCF1138.jpg

I did have some more but photobucket went a bit weird so will upload the rest later
leon

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Nice to see you out taking piccs Leon. Which are your favourite two and why?

I ask because there are two that I like! Theres potential in a third one as well if you go back there

Red

SOAR

Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Nice pics there fella, looks like you had a fine day.
Look forward to the others.

Simon.

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
My favourites have got to be the first and last ones taken from today
whats your favourite rwo ? and whats the one with potential as i can easily go back there
leon

SOAR

Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
I really like the first one I think its a great shot, room for potential? I think the colours make the shot, bright yellows. Well done.

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
yes that sunflower field isnt very close to my house but i got it on the way back from fishing yesterday
That footpath sign looks pretty scary doent it, there was a massive sweetchestnut next to it so the whole area was shaded
leon

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I like the fourth one best too. There is a reason why it works as a photo of course....do you know what it is Leon?

I also like the Sloes as a record shot - well focussed and well framed - would make a great plate for an article or book.

The "potential" is certainly the sunflowers. I think theres a fantastic photo in there somewhere. It could be a shot over the tops of the sunflowers with the camera held at the level of the heads, or a shot of a few framed against a blue sky, or one from alomst above or below - a bit like the third one but with the flowers facing the lens. Not sure what it isbut I know theres a truly great photo somewhere in there.

Red

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
Not quite shore why it works it just looks good lol, maybe its because theres something in the foreground to draw you in, im not sure ????
I agree with you that the sloes would suit an article or a book, these are always handy for when i do write an article
Now theres a bit of a problem, the sunflowers are 20 mins away by car :( but if im ever there again i will try and get another pic :D
thanks leon

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Ooh, sloes! I found some today! They don't look quite as prple as that, more a dusty blue. Maybe mine aren't ripe yet?

Nice pics Leon, I could have put some up if I hadn't forgot my camera again!

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
Cool, if you wipe the sloes the dusty blue comes of and they look more purple
leon

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
You are right about the foreground Leon, see how an arrow shape is formed drawing your eye into the picture? Thats what makes it good. Cover the fence and gate with your hand and its not as good. Often you can find a fence, stream or hedge and by moving you can create a line or arrow to draw your eye into the picture. Its often worth trying to work out why you like what you like. I often end up moving, or crouching, or standing on something to get the effect I want

Red

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
Yes i can see what you mean and drawing the eye into the picture definitely makes a difference
leon

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
The other reason its pleasing is "thirds". One third sky, one third field, one third grass. Half and half rarely works well but vertical thirds is always great. Having the main interest a third from the left or right is good too. The third one of the field is over exposed (too light). Have a look in your photo software and see if you can darken it (I bet there is an exposure feature in there somewhere)

Red

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
Ok thanks, i think i read something about that in the bcuk magazine
will try and sort that third picture of the field
leon

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Most likely Gary's excellent article.

You can't always do it, but I like something sharp in the foreground too. I often manoever to get in a cow parsley head or branch or suchlike. If you are down low you can use them to breal the sky line - it helps

Keep at it Leon - theres some great stuff in there, Have you got a Macro mode? If so, have a go at lady birds, bumble bees etc. They are amazing when you see them close up (easy to photograph too :eek:)

Red

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
Thanks for all this info i appriciate it :D
Yes my camera does have a macro mode, will try and get some insects tommorow, probably wont have to venture much further than my garden for those
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
Heres the other pics:
This one is ruined by the shadow
DSCF1140.jpg

This ones a bit plain i think
DSCF1139.jpg

DSCF1141-1.jpg

This one is a bit blurred
DSCF1143.jpg

DSCF1147.jpg

DSCF1149.jpg

leon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE