Photo Upload Problem

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Just uploaded an image ('Walk in the Woods'). After I'd selected the file, filled in the description, etc, I clicked the upload/process button and got an 'SQL database error'.

I assumed the upload hadn't worked and tried again: same deal. I went back to the community forum only to see that the image had uploaded properly and there's now two copies there! :shock: Can you delete one of those images?

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
It keeps telling me the file size is too big!, I've deleted images, reduced the size of the file and still keep getting the same result :nono:
Neil

Tvividr

Nomad
Jan 13, 2004
Norway
www.gjknives.com
Mikey P said:
Just uploaded an image ('Walk in the Woods'). After I'd selected the file, filled in the description, etc, I clicked the upload/process button and got an 'SQL database error'.

I assumed the upload hadn't worked and tried again: same deal. I went back to the community forum only to see that the image had uploaded properly and there's now two copies there! :shock: Can you delete one of those images?
I also have the same problems every time I have uploaded a pic in the gallery :?:

Tvividr

Nomad
Jan 13, 2004
Norway
www.gjknives.com
Adi, I just sent you an email with a screen capture of the full message on the SQL error that I get when uploading pics to the gallery.
The pic was uploaded though :?:

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Tvividr - Your problem has now been fixed ... I traced this down to a flaw in the code in the latest version of the PhotoPost software we were using. This should now be fixed.

Thanks for all your help!

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Remember that file size is not just to do with the size in kb but the physical size of the image in pixels - the preferred size is an image having a side no larger than 640 pixels.

leon-1

Adi007 said:
Remember that file size is not just to do with the size in kb but the physical size of the image in pixels - the preferred size is an image having a side no larger than 640 pixels.

If you are running XP then download the image resizer from Microsoft, it's a free download and you'll find it as one of the XP Powertools.

Very simple to use and quick, just right click an image, hit resize, select what size you wish and the new image is done, Voila!!!

Try it out :eek:):

Tvividr

Nomad
Jan 13, 2004
Norway
www.gjknives.com
Adi007 said:
Tvividr - Your problem has now been fixed ... I traced this down to a flaw in the code in the latest version of the PhotoPost software we were using. This should now be fixed.

Thanks for all your help!
Thanks a lot :biggthump :You_Rock_

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE