photo of base camp cook setups please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Xkitchen.jpg

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Oh heck, now you're asking...

I think the white thing at the bottom is my aluminium DO (the round thing with the holes is its trivet). The silver/grey box is a 'Fourgas' French stove-top oven atop an army no. 12 stove. The two 3-leggers are a pair of Primus No. 210s. The black & copper-coloured box is a Coleman camp oven with my home made 'oven-driver' under it. It's an Optimus no. 111 tank & burner with an extended delivery tube so the tank is not under the oven getting cooked. Next along is a 4 pint perc on a (I think) Hi-gear cheapo meths burner. Extreme right is a state-of-the-art water carrier; ex MOD 20L black hdpe. In the back ground is Mrs Bilmo's washing-up stand with a mash can we used as a milk can hanging off it. Lighting would be a Tilley X246 Guardsman as I see its priming torch jar next to the green box. I think there's 4 different sizes of ammunition box in there too. I used to camp a bit heavier than I do now. Everything is burning: I think it was Christmas dinner 2005 cooking. IIRC we had a chunk of Bambi.
tongue_2.gif

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
The good old days Ian, when you could pick up a brace of 210's and have change from a tenner :) How many grammes of fuel do they use per hour?

I've always liked the way you used the 210's / griddle setup, a picture posted here is required.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Here's a few from last year ..

Pine round from the nearby forestry, rustic :)
DSC02570P.jpg

Gailainne prepping the dutchie
DSC02482P.jpg

Cooking on Whittler Kev trivet
DSC02495P.jpg

Titanium Nomad
LSHIEL_JUN_16.jpg

Billy
DSC02057.jpg

Most of my cooking is over a fire or coals, if I'm hiking any distance then I'll take an alky stove or maybe gas.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE