Petzl tikka xp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
i'd not seen them before, they look pretty good! :)
it's only missing a red filter for preserving your night vision then it would be perfect!

Ben Trout

Nomad
Feb 19, 2006
Wiltshire, GB
Thanks for the Hitch n hike link. I've been after clips for sticking head torches onto hard hats for a while with no joy. No value to this thread, but thanks anyway!

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
RAPPLEBY2000 said:
i'd not seen them before, they look pretty good! :)
it's only missing a red filter for preserving your night vision then it would be perfect!

I have just got the "TacTika XP" from the same company, cost £35 delivered, here the next day and, clear, red, blue and green filters as standard, it also has a natty spare filter holder on the strap so you can carry a spare of your choice.

Brill bit of kit. :)

philm4

Oct 17, 2004
Midlands
IMHO the tikka plus is better than the XP. The XP is not bright enough for range work and the light is not as even for work around camp. I much prefer the light out of the +. If you want a small headtorch for range work I would try one of the princeton tecs such as the EOS (which I have not used in anger), or the #1 all rounder, the APEX (though its a bigger device it is fantastic, I use mine daily in the winter).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE