Peta

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Interesting thread. Can I suggest we seperate the ideas from the tactics? If we could do that then some of their ideas could stand scrutiny. I ask if anyone believes in mink farming solely for the use in clothing products? I don't but I do believe in using the pelts of any animal that is also eaten particularly if it has had a wild existence (although I will eat farmed animals such as cows and wear leather too). If you don't want to wear pelts from animals captive bred just for the fur that is ok by me. I don't agree with the way the likes of PETA present that argument that IMHO stands on its own merit.

Take veganism. Is it really wrong for someone who looks at modern animal husbandry and takes a decision that they don't like it then acts on that decision? I don't thinks so but it is wrong to want to label those that don't follow your way of life as animal killers and villify them. Also we shouldn't really villify them neither for their often honestly held beliefs.

Oh What the Hell!! Can't keep this up. Stuff the lilly livered hypocrites. Pasty faced veggie killers. Lets poke fun at them, they deserve it.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
BTW Am I wrong to study the knife first in that PETA comic poster? I'm afraid I looked at it and wondered if it really was the best choice of knife for the job then I looked at the rest of the poster. Does that make me unusual?

Funny poster, a 50s woman like that wouldn't create so much blood. Afterall she'd have to clean it all up and housewives back then kept a clean house. WIth that apron and pearls now way would she make a mess.

PETA or their ilk let loose animals from a mink farm in the Garstang area once. Now they are breeding all around the Preston to Lancaster area. I've seen one on the edge of the lune when out paddling. The parents of a friend had their canal narrow boat insides totally shredded when a pair o them got inside. They just ripped anything they could to bits and then scarpered. Someone spotted them making their escape. Caused an absolute fortune in damages. Anyway. The idiots who did that are a little like the activists in PETA. Thoughtless fundamentalists with no idea of the consequences of their actions, or the damage they cause to nature.

Ruvio

Nomad
You're a wise man Paul_b. I actually thought something very similar to you with regards to the knife, and the amount of blood.
Plus how many "mommy's" do you know that actually kill and butcher an animal? I'd also like to learn whether or not the glue used to hold together the pages of the comic was from rendered animal fats.
And whether underpaid Korean animators were used in the production. People are animals too! :p

dave k

Nomad
Jun 14, 2006
Blonay, Switzerland
as far as I care, humans outrank animals. This however doesn't mean that we have to go out of our way to make them suffer needlessly. I don't have a problem with people being vegans or vegans, but the righteous people (who are all meat eaters) who complain about hunting, stalking etc. but are prepared to then scoff a whole bucket of KFC battery farmed chicken are intolerable. It's my choice to treat animals with respect. I eat meat, but I choose to eat as ethically as possible. I'm not under any illusions where the majority of farmed produce comes from, but it's my choice not to support this. Anyone who says an animals life is worth more, spiritually or morally, than a human needs then to volunteer to trade their life for an animal. I'm sure the karma will balance out..

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Id be absolutley delighted to have a mum like that!

Having a friend who wants a farm Im pretty much in the know about modern farming methods, its all hi tech animal welfare paperwork. (in any order you please)

Traditional farming is the same but with mud added.

But of course the most hightly regulated farms are mink. (give me a nice silver fox any day...or how about those snazzy wild boarlets?)

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
i'd love to get some peta reps in a room with some hungry foxes, amourous badgers and perhaps some wild minks/stoats and weasels.
lets see them find the beauty in that.

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
veggie.gif

I'd like to ask vegans where the petrochems for making their 'animal friendly' shoes come from. And the fossil fuels for flying their soyatofuwhatever from the other side of the world.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
not forgetting the fenominal deforestation, by farmers eagre to get in on the growing soy market to supply a staple for those who don't like squosen moo juice or other things that soy replaces.

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
Is anybody on this forum a vegan or a member of PITA (sic). :D

BTW. I thought this one was really funny.

"Advocacy Group Decries PETA's Inhumane Treatment Of Women"

[video=youtube;q2z2lTUR5Ao]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2z2lTUR5Ao[/video]

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
come the apocalypse i will be donning my paunch next to a starving vegan :-D wearing a nice fur suit to keep warm whilst the vegan parades around in a fig leaf :-D.

If god wanted us to eat leaves they would taste of bacon and cows would taste like over boiled sprouts :-D

I wonder if PETA go about slaughtering carnivores in the wild as they are killing animals cruelly as well i mean some things are eaten whilst still alive out there...im sure a lion feels really guilty slaughtering a gazelle to feed its young.

We are animals just top of the chain as mentioned before i think its more important to give our prey some quality of life prior to sparking up the BBQ and where possible to use the whole animal otherwise its a wasted kill

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE