Personal Survival Kit contents

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
Plastic sheeting I mentioned -

Shelter - draped over as a cape/poncho
Shelter - draped over as a tarp
Laid out for sitting on
Laid out for laying food or items on to keep clean
For carrying a person - stretcher
For carrying food or water - bunched like a parcel/pouch
As a window in a crashed car or for replacing a smashed window
To sleep in.
To wrap around a cut to prevent bleeding
To wrap around limbs as a splint

I do this 'survival' task with pupils when teaching design.

Nick

Lush

Forager
Apr 22, 2007
Netherlands
Who needs potassium permanganate? I can buy it at the pharmacy. I have to buy 250 grams. This is way too much for me. Who wants to join for some?
You can PM me ;)

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Back to the keeping data on you and secure an IronKey might be the answer

https://www.ironkey.com/

Hardware encryption, self destruct mechanism :eek: and a secure browser built in to allow trackless browsing. I am thinking about getting one myself for all my important documents and information. Probably not for carrying around all the time though and could do with a lanyard loop.

Humpback

On a new journey
Dec 10, 2006
1/4 mile from Bramley End.

Hardware encryption, self destruct mechanism :eek: and a secure browser built in to allow trackless browsing. I am thinking about getting one myself for all my important documents and information. Probably not for carrying around all the time though and could do with a lanyard loop.

Do I feel a group buy coming on? ;)

deepcmonkey

Forager
Nov 6, 2007
Oxford
Here it is; my 'urban/every-day kit', never sealed and forgotten about as I'm in and out of it every other day.

Zip-up belt pouch, trauma dressing, wet-knaps and tissue packs, mini-leatherman, mozzy-rep, sun-block, matches (orange container), mini-sewing kit (35mm film container with leccy tape wrapped round it), anti-bac wipes, elastoplasts, compact mirror, ali space blanket (intend to upgrade to an AMK heatsheet)

Day-sackpouch.jpg

I'm still in the process of upgrading my 'field kit' (partly the reason for being on these forums - good research) which is slightly more interesting than my man-handbag!

Yep, you are right about the need for some shelter Nick, I have just placed an order for an RAF-issue shrink-wrapped poly-bag and an AMK heatsheet so I can compare them (then I'll buy two of the most suitable). I'm usually already carrying a bivvy-bag so my PSK isn't really a stand-alone item, more of a utility-pack of useful items which would be handy in a crisis.

I dont understand, "urban" , do you carry this in your car.

H

He' s left the building

HAIR GEL

AFTERSHAVE

There is no way that any of us here believe a Sapper/ex-Sapper (especially a Yorkshire one at that!) will be carrying hair-care products or aftershave!!!

Jared

Sep 8, 2005
Wales

They have an annual subscription for some of the features, which makes it less appealing, imo.

H

He' s left the building

Edited to add: UK shops Blacks and Millets have them, labelled 'Cyclone' matches £3 each

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Johan, Coghlan's do a watertight match safe in Tactical Orange as well:D, product number 8746 called a plastic match box, it may be easier for you to get hold of.

I bought the match case years ago, IIRC from the 'John Bull Clothing' shop in Catterick garrison. It says on one end 'Swedish Match Hungary'

I've just done a quick google-search and I can't find another one, but the Coghlan version (cheers leon-1!) is similar (slimmer profile): http://www.rei.com/product/678278 which looks identical to this one: http://ukkitmonster.com/product_info.php?cPath=44&products_id=429 (depending on which colour you fancy I guess!)

(no link with online shops except as a satisfied customer)

Cheers guys!!
Think the Coghlan's version will do - although I especially like the suspensioncord eye thingy on yours Boops.

SimonM

Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Why not make your own match case from 2 shotgun cartridge cases? I have about 4 that I carry in various coat pockets and in my possibles pouch. Whilst not truly "waterproof" they have never let me down to date!

DSC00349.jpg

I pack the case with cotton wool to stop annoying rattles, and put 1 match into the end of the cartridge so that I can get it out with cold fingers!

DSC00351.jpg

Simon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE