Perma-camp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ShooTa

Oct 9, 2014
N Wales
ok you have a luxurious new empty space
the ground is clear
the firepit is marked

What do you make first, second third etc. what items do you build? a fire pot stand, a wash rack?
to clarify - you do not need to make a sleeping shelter(s) or make a fire or - but instead are turning a camp into a long term capm spot for multiple people.

log cabins/large structures are out though.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Long term for large groups means latrine facilities are a necessity. Assuming we're staying primitive then that means an outhouse. Preferably two of them (one each for man and women) and preferably they're each two seaters or more.

That can be scaled back if the group size doesn't warrant.

ShooTa

Oct 9, 2014
N Wales
thanks both of you - latrinnes of the no2 kind are sorted but yep chairs etc excellent. - just to give you more backsotory - im thinking multiple people projects that i can give to people - aka "today were making chaiirs" etc. basically some more aimed skillset learning

Ruud

Jun 29, 2012
Belgium
www.rudecheers.wordpress.com
agree with mr. Fenna, something sturdy and comfy to sit on and a place to put your pots and pans off of the ground. Taking the time to build a good pothanger-rig (so you are able to hang multiple pots over the fire) is also worth it imo. I also tend to hang my rucksack off of the ground, so you could carve some hooks to hang your gear on and make a 'gear-corner' somewhere.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
thanks both of you - latrinnes of the no2 kind are sorted but yep chairs etc excellent. - just to give you more backsotory - im thinking multiple people projects that i can give to people - aka "today were making chaiirs" etc. basically some more aimed skillset learning

The tripod chair could be an ideal project - simple knots and lashings that give great comfort, plus somewhere to hang gear off the ground and to hand - a better photo from another angle plus gear racked on the tripod top.
034 (2014_12_24 05_44_15 UTC).jpg

Last edited:

ShooTa

Oct 9, 2014
N Wales
ok so hypotetitcal (sp?) camp now has
firepit with cooking gear/hangers and a potstand along with some cofy/uncomfy :d chairs about it - and theres a leantoo woodstore cum larder cum emergancy shelter
viable water sources are over 500m away ...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE